Cold Start Problem...Need Help!

trooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 RC. September of 2006 the truck would start but it would idle very low and then die. This was only when it was started cold for the first time of the day.

Dealership could not get the truck to repeat the same problem but they replaced the TPS anyway.

Now the truck is doing the same thing only worst. It doesn't want to idle at all unless you feather the gas pedal.

I know some one posted the same problem before. I hate to take it back to the dealer because they don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx...............Mike.

sounds like it's starved for air. there is a stepper motor that allow's air to bypass the throttle body for idle control. check the wiring to it, and if necessare try cleaning it with carb/brake cleaner.

otherwise, TPS could be gone again.

one more thing, try disconnecting the intake air temp sensor. you'll get a check engine light but if it's bad the truck will run normally once it's disconnectd.

I know it's not cold start ups. :D Mine starts just fine in -10 weather.. lol.

As for the problem mine had that once and i thought TPS until i unplugged the battery ground for 15 min.. Once it was reconnected the truck would work fine again,,, it did it almost everytime i got bad gas from a certain Mohawk station.. :mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back