Collector Truck potential

10boom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if someone is in the market for a new '06 SRT-10, then I think this would be a good one to get and hold on to. I knew they made a "night runner" edition, but this is the first one I've seen. With '06 being the year that they made the least amount of SRT-10's, I think this has rare written all over it. I think the only rarer truck out there would be an '06 RC night runner edition, if they even made any.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...9QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31831QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks good, I didnt know they had an SRT-10 badge on the inside door handles. I also like the SRT-10 logo stiching on the seats, maybe they can be interchangable with an '05.

just as the '68 Cahrger is more collectable than a '69..I think the '05 model year will be the most desireable in 30 years....if you don't have 30 years put the money into a REIT......:D

Nowwhat said:
just as the '68 Cahrger is more collectable than a '69..I think the '05 model year will be the most desireable in 30 years....if you don't have 30 years put the money into a REIT......:D

why do you think 05's??

wheredwhogo? said:
why do you think 05's??

'04s and '05s look better than the '06....the '05s have several advantages over the 04's

1)there were less '05 RCs than '04s RCs
2) the '05s have better front brakes
3) the '05s have a factory bed cover
4) some of the bugs were worked out

Nowwhat said:
'04s and '05s look better than the '06....the '05s have several advantages over the 04's

1)there were less '05 RCs than '04s RCs
2) the '05s have better front brakes
3) the '05s have a factory bed cover
4) some of the bugs were worked out

what bugs were worked out of the 05's that the 04's had?

not all 05 have factory bed covers

my YF does not

the 05 has a 456 rear gear

V10ToGo said:
As for rarity, I would think the '04 Commemorative Edition would be more rare, with only 200 made. And the two white trucks, formerly CE models that were hail damaged before they were sold and repainted without blue stripes, would be the rarest of all. My two cents...:D

I should have been more clear with my post, sorry. I think this would be a collectible '06 model. I do agree that the VCA's and the CE's and yes (hopefully) my whitey will be rarest of them all. I also agree with nowwhat about the 05's probably being the most sought after over time. I think they have the potential to be a hot item due to the looks of an '04, but with the improvements of the '05. I'm not a fan either of the front end of the 06's, but I have heard the handling is a liitle better due to the new frame. I personally haven't driven one, so I can't back up that claim. I hear there is less understeer in the 06's. Has anybody else heard this??

Side note....the most collectable will be the trucks with.....ZERO modifications.....stock down to the filter.....no magnaflow....lowering kit....blower....guages....

Nowwhat said:
Side note....the most collectable will be the trucks with.....ZERO modifications.....stock down to the filter.....no magnaflow....lowering kit....blower....guages....

Yep....those are gonna be REALLY hard to find. All I've got on whitey so far is the K&N CAI and the smoked lenses....I wonder if I should stop there???? NAAAAAAHHHH:D

10boom said:
Yep....those are gonna be REALLY hard to find. All I've got on whitey so far is the K&N CAI and the smoked lenses....I wonder if I should stop there???? NAAAAAAHHHH:D

30 years is a long time to drive around stock.....:D

I'm getting used to it actually......and I rarely spray! only went through one bottle so far. Have'nt ever refilled it yet! was thinking about taking it back off! Don't know if I would be willing to take off my appearance modz though!
Still want my ghost flames!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back