Colt Combat Elite Enhanced 1911 .45 acp (not a stock Dodge part)

Wifey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! No, this is not a Dodge part, but it is for sale nevertheless:

Colt Combat Elite Enhanced 1911 .45 acp. Like new in box. At max only two mags (if that) have been fired through it.

It was a custom ordered gun at the time and only a very few were made. It has factory Colt Medallion grips and comes with 2 stainless steel Colt factory magazines. Everything in the pictures is included except the take down wrench.

This can no longer be imported into California so this would be a great opportunity for CA residents to grab one. :rock:

I am asking $1,400.00 OBO (and will consider certain trades).

All local, state and federal laws must be strictly adhered to and all sales must be processed through an FFL dealer. Buyer pays all shipping and transfer fees.

If you have questions you can ask here or PM me and I will try and answer them for you.

Here are some pics cuz I already know :needpics: :p :p :p :p

Attachments

• Box1.JPG
    Box1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 596
  • Box2.JPG
    Box2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 330
  • box3.JPG
    box3.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 447
  • Barrel1.JPG
    Barrel1.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 386
  • openbox1.JPG
    openbox1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • openbox2.JPG
    openbox2.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 7,418
  • Ser801.JPG
    Ser801.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 4,346
  • Strip1.JPG
    Strip1.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 718
HaulinAsp said:
That's a nice Colt, I'll trade you my wing.:p :marchmellow:
As long as the truck is still attached, you got a deal :rock: :p :p :p

We could use a new coffee table and spare parts ;)

Wifey said:
As long as the truck is still attached, you got a deal :rock: :p :p :p

We could use a new coffee table and spare parts ;)

Ouch! I think that one hurt a little :argh:

Wifey said:

It was a custom ordered gun at the time and only a very few were made. ....

What was custom about it? The fact it is a Stainless frame and Blued slide? :confused: Nice looking gun, for sure! :rock: Series 80 MK IV's were nice guns.

If you sell it D what are you gonna threaten Jerry with?? :dontknow: ;) .... hope all is well!

Well, maybe I should have said it was a special order at the time and then if you noticed the box lable says Enhanced (they only made about 600 of them)

According to a trusted source (do your own homework to be sure)

The Combat Elite has the following:

Ramped barrel (see pics)
Pachmyer medallian grips (factory medallian provided by COLT for pachmyer)
Sear surfaces polished and angled for crisp let off and smooth control
Combat style hammer
Modified recoil spring with longer guide tube (NOT full length guide rod)
Factory polished and lightened trigger spring.

Add it all up and its a Colt Factory Combat target level pistol with adjustable sights....

You'd need to call Colt but its a very very low production pistol from the mid 80s to mid 90s (IIRC)...

It won't dissapoint the hardcore Colt collector. Not many finer COLTS left their factory. In fact IMHO the quality is much higher on the colt than such production performance guns as Kimber and Springfield, more attention to detail and superior methods of production... Colt is the originator after all :rock: :D

The gun is a Series 80 1911 with the extra firing pin lock safety to provide SAFE carry in Condition One (Cocked N locked for you rednecks) The series 70 did NOT have the locking firing pin and COULD be subject to ADs if dropped on a loaded chamber... The Series 80 parts CAN be retro'd for Series 70 with the change of 2 simple parts rendering the interlock obsolete if the new owner so chooses... I prefer the 80's safety system.
Thus rendering it safe in the hands of a Floridiot.
(Anon respected authority, OUT)

And there you have it Monkey Nutz :argh: :argh: :argh:

Attachments

• Barrel2.JPG
    Barrel2.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Craig said:
If you sell it D what are you gonna threaten Jerry with?? :dontknow: ;) .... hope all is well!

Ah, No Pussy for at least a month :p :p :p :D :D (Just ask Roy how effective
that can be, he is the absolute authority on such matters)

Last edited:
Rotflmao.....:D give Jerry my best tell em Happy Fathers day!!
Wifey said:
Ah, No Pussy for at least a month :p :p :p :D :D (Just ask Roy how effective
that can be)

Further info:

The Combat Elite pistols started production before the 1991A1 models, and were the successors to the Combat Government pistols. Combat Elites were built on Series '80 pistols with the "Mark IV" rollmarks in two calibers, .45 ACP and .38 Super. The frames were stainless steel and the slides were blued carbon steel. While (many of) the pistols shipped with neoprene wraparound grips, the front straps were serrated. The right side of the slides were rollmarked " * Combat Elite *", where the "*" denotes a star.

Combat Elites were made in two basic styles, pre-enhanced and enhanced. The first pistols were pre-enhanced and came with Commander rowel hammers, a Commander-like grip safety, high-profile fixed sights, and a short trigger. The slide serrations were the traditional vertical Colt style. The later pistols were enhanced pistols and came with a flattened slide top, Elliason adjustable rear sights, a lowered and flared ejection port, a long trigger, slanted National Match slide serrations, an elongated Commander hammer, a downward slanting beavertail grip safety, and an undercut triggerguard. The enhanced pistol serial numbers should end with an "E".

It should also be mentioned that enhanced Combat Elite slides were sold on the aftermarket and used to assemble faux Combat Elites. I know because I built one for my own use. A rear Combat Elite should have a "CG" serial number prefix. There have been other Elite pistols, including the 10mm Delta Elite, an Elite 10/.40, and a 9x19 "Elite IX

I have learned to live without sex. But the idea of being threatened by a woman with a Combat Elite Colt .45 is a real turn-on!

What are you asking for it? And pray tell...how do you ship a hand gun these days?

Prof said:
I have learned to live without sex. But the idea of being threatened by a woman with a Combat Elite Colt .45 is a real turn-on!

What are you asking for it? And pray tell...how do you ship a hand gun these days?
I take it to my FFL who will send it to your FFL then you go pick it up from your FFL in 10 days after signing the proper paperwork (providing you are clean and can own it) ... :p

I'm asking $1400 obo ..... or trade for a black srt-10 with a roe super charger :p

Wifey said:
Thus rendering it safe in the hands of a Floridiot.
(Anon respected authority, OUT)

And there you have it Monkey Nutz :argh: :argh: :argh:

HEY! :mad: I was just curious.... :dontknow: I don't know anything about Colts, besides what my price guides tell me. ;)

I would buy it if I weren't so hard up for cash.I still haven't sold the bike:(
Guess it's time to part it out.

Black1 said:
HEY! :mad: I was just curious.... :dontknow: I don't know anything about Colts, besides what my price guides tell me. ;)
EEEEEZY ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

HOT RAM said:
I would buy it if I weren't so hard up for cash.I still haven't sold the bike:(
Guess it's time to part it out.
I said I would consider some trades ;) ;) :p :p :D :D :rock: How about the engine .......

Django said:
Denise,

WTF is this piece illegal in the People's Republic of California?:dontknow:

D
It can't be "imported" into the State but can be private party transferred within the the State

Someone please get this piece outta Wifey's hands qwick, I shiver to think of a sex starved woman who has her Aunt Flo visiting and has this piece in her purse......:p :p :p :marchmellow: :shot: :lollypop:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back