Common problems with the RAM SRT-10... Please list them here.

Blakewilder said:
05 has 4 pistons calipers not 2 pistons......window molding is a TSB....Front rotors are TSB.....I duno what else
What should we be looking for in regards to the window molding. What has to happen in order to qualify for the TSB? Thanks

So far I had the driver's door actuator, the door seals and oil cooler lines replaced. Minor stuff really. All warranty. No clutch issues or crank bolt problems here.

Brake dust on front wheels, brakes are squeeky under hard and often braking, and most defently NEED A TIRE SPONSOR!!!!

RedRamRules said:
Haven't seen or heard about this yet. 04 or 05 models?

Believe its a generic Ram truck issue, there have been several posts about poor A/C performance. My passenger side wont blow cool air for shit.

Oh, forgot sqeaky belts and pulley bearings. Replaced the belt, and two pulleys on my last truck by 6,000 miles. Have 3,000 on this one and taking it in next week to replace an alternator pulley. All under warranty, but its a pain in the ass to take the truck in all the time for BS issues.

Still love my truck though :D

welcome energetic!,to a great site with great people!:rock: lower pulley (harmonic balancer) bolt was an issue for a lot of us,remove and put blue loc-tite on it. i have 6,500 miles on mine and have not had to take it to the dealer for a single item, except for a TSB on cam-shaft sprocket bolts, to be checked for correct torque (they were fine), A/C works great, no clutch issues (yet). check the TSBs' listed under the general topic:burnout:

my tranny blew lost 2nd gear at about 15,000 miles. by 20,000 miles the tranny was toast and I finally brought it in to get fixed. the dealership said they dont have a tranny guy so they tried to make me take the truck elsewhere. After bitching, talking to the service manager, more bitching, talking to the sales manager, and finally more bitching I ended up leaving in a rental car :)

but who knows when I'll get my truck back :-/

THe door moldings tear after a little time.....you should inpsect them and u willl see tears if its bad. MY AC SUCKS!!!!!! I thought it was after the Paxton but it was Winter.....SUMMER is too hot for a black truck...it takes 15 minutes for my ac to cool down....I have to go start my truck and wait 15 minutes before I can leave.

haven't read all the previous posts....but

The biggest problem with these trucks is that they have a big plastic wing on the back.....easy 5 minute fix though.....

Nowwhat said:
haven't read all the previous posts....but

The biggest problem with these trucks is that they have a big plastic wing on the back.....easy 5 minute fix though.....

Dang wingless wonder!!!!!

With over 30K miles.....Door seals torn, steering pump failure, set of brake pads, 2nd set of tires, AC on drivers side is "OK"/passenger side sux half the time, rubber nubs on clutch pedal missing and learning how to spin the tires just slow enough so as not to cover the wheel wells with rubber!

Biggest disappointment is the AC and stereo sub unable to handle high volumes. While my clutch pedal, when depressed or released, is making noise I don't think its anything serious but will have the dealer do a once over.

Blakewilder said:
MIKE.......Dave put my wing on a HEMI!!!Perpetrators!!!! I said FREE TO A GOOD HOME! Not a Hemi!

between you...me and Ebay...more Hemis will have wings than SRTs soon...:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back