Common problems with the RAM SRT-10... Please list them here.

blakewilder find you a good ac shop and have a vacuum pulled on your ac make sure the right amount of freon is in the system too much or too little causes it not to cool properly i did it and mine does a lot better.

Nowwhat said:
haven't read all the previous posts....but

The biggest problem with these trucks is that they have a big plastic wing on the back.....easy 5 minute fix though.....

Silver on black wheels :rock: :rock:

Lemmie see.... On my '04:

1. At 9,000 miles the front right side cat got stopped up and caused the passesnger side exhaust manifold to glow. Warranty work.
2. Amp stopped working at around 13,000 miles. Got too hot due to poor ventilation. Screw the warranty, I put in a 2,880 watt system.
3. Throttlebody position sensor took a crap at 14,999 miles. Quick warranty fix.
4. I made sure I will not have problems with the harmonic balancer before the problem strikes at 9,000 miles.
5. No problems with pedal nubs.
6. Rear tires could not keep rubber on them at first.
7. Squeeky clutch pedal. Started around 8,500 miles.

Mine went it for a front end alignment... dunno how it happened.. I never hit any holes, etc.. I noticed it was pulling to the right, and was getting some scrubbing on the front tires. They fixed it under warranty.

My passenger side A/C is not so great.

azpyroguy said:
Mine went it for a front end alignment... dunno how it happened.. I never hit any holes, etc.. I noticed it was pulling to the right, and was getting some scrubbing on the front tires. They fixed it under warranty.

My passenger side A/C is not so great.

MINE IT'S PULLING TO THE RIGHT TOO.....:mad:

FIRST I TOUGH IT WAS THE BRAKES BUT ....NOW IT DOES ALL THE TIME...

I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE A/C.... YET... I HAVE A REMOTE START SO ...WHEN I GET IN THE TRUCK IT'S ALREADY COOL DOWN....

Last edited:
The only issue I've had with mine I guess is the loud pedal sticks to the floor once in awhile....it seems to happen most often when there's a Vette or an L Truck beside me, but sometimes, it just happens for no good reason at all...other than that, everything else works just fine...:burnout:

DJCHEROKEE said:
MINE IT'S PULLING TO THE RIDE TOO.....:mad:

FIRST I TOUGH IT WAS THE BRAKES BUT ....NOW IT DOES ALL THE TIME...

I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE A/C.... YET... I HAVE A REMOTE START
SO ...WHEN I GET IN THE TRUCK IT'S ALREADY COOL DOWN....

They did not tell me how far it was out.. but they had to put it on the rack 3 times to get it right... so it must have been out quite a bit... I found it strange it only had 2000 miles on it!

You might want to take yours in to have it checked out...

azpyroguy said:
They did not tell me how far it was out.. but they had to put it on the rack 3 times to get it right... so it must have been out quite a bit... I found it strange it only had 2000 miles on it!

You might want to take yours in to have it checked out...

YOU RIGHT.... I WILL HAVE TO TAKE HER IN.......
(HERE WE GO AGAIN IV BEEN THERE BEFORE WIHT MY 2004 HEMI..... TO BE EXACTLY 12 TIMES IN 2 YEARS BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY)

MINE START DOING IT AT AROUND 2000 MILES IT HAS NOW 2800....

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE... TAKE CARE.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
What should we be looking for in regards to the window molding. What has to happen in order to qualify for the TSB? Thanks

The issue you are talking about is with the door seal. Look towards the bottom of the seal near the front quarter panel. If you watch as you open the door it will catch the rubber, causing the rubber to rip. If you have a 04 or 05 5000+ miles, it will be ripped.

The new design prevents the door from catching the rubber. Covered under warranty. Just make sure to ask for the new design. When I took my 05 Hemi in they tried to put the original design back on! Must have had some old stock they wanted to get rid of.

milkmanedi said:
insurance is pretty high

My insurance is not too bad..especially here in Arizona which is reported to have the second highest insurance rates in the country... I pay about $678.00 every 6 months, which also includes $126.00 to cover my trailer, so my rates really are only about $550.00 every six for full coverage on a 2006 QC.

Scott.

azpyroguy said:
My insurance is not too bad..especially here in Arizona which is reported to have the second highest insurance rates in the country... I pay about $678.00 every 6 months, which also includes $126.00 to cover my trailer, so my rates really are only about $550.00 every six for full coverage on a 2006 QC.

Scott.

I opted to go with no insurance....much cheaper so far! Az requires a simple bond placed in lew of insurance.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back