computer gurus need info and help again

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was building a excel expenses tracking template today and all of a sudden I get this warning alert form my security program that says terminate the program ----warning says,,, buffer over run ???? ,,,Shell code injection???? What do I need to check or do about this????:mad:

Was it a windows warning telling you it was an error, or was some odd pop up?

I was building a excel expenses tracking template today and all of a sudden I get this warning alert form my security program that says terminate the program ----warning says,,, buffer over run ???? ,,,Shell code injection???? What do I need to check or do about this????:mad:

Sounds like some adware

Do me a favor. Go here http://www.malwarebytes.org and download the free version. Install it and then run the scanner.

I Ran .....Malwarebytes
super anti spyware
Comodo virus scan
They found nothing but a couple tracking cookies.

((( Was it a windows warning telling you it was an error, or was some odd pop up? ))))

The warning was from ,,COMODO INTERNET SECURITY PREMIUM

Thats it . Its adware. Those are pop-up advertisments

You lost me on that ???? Comodo is my firewall and virus program... It was a warning from it and told me to terminate the excel program.

You lost me on that ???? Comodo is my firewall and virus program... It was a warning from it and told me to terminate the excel program.

Oh didn’t realize that was your software. Anyway buffer overruns are commonly used by hackers. There is a couple of ways to get around this but its pretty complicated unless your computer savvvyyyy:eek: basically you have to put one of those cookies between the stack overrun and the return address This allows your system to prevent those stack (buffer)overruns by changing the layout.
:dontknow:

Oh didn’t realize that was your software. Anyway buffer overruns are commonly used by hackers. There is a couple of ways to get around this but its pretty complicated unless your computer savvvyyyy:eek: basically you have to put one of those cookies between the stack overrun and the return address This allows your system to prevent those stack (buffer)overruns by changing the layout.
:dontknow:

Below is the warning I recieved...Do you think I have a hacker ???..Does this sound like it is locked away and safe to use the computer and /or the excel program????
Would unistalling microsoft office and reinstalling fix this???

EXCEL.EXE tried to execute shellcode as a result of a possible buffer overflow attack

This is typical of a buffer overflow attack. COMODO Defense+ has already isolated EXCEL.EXE from the rest of the system and will keep it isolated unless you skip this alert. However, it is still strongly recommended to terminate this application and contact its vendor for a fix.

Ok ok ok ive told you guys once but Ill tell you again..

If your computer has anything on the front of it other than an APPLE logo or picture,, please throw it in the garbage and proceed to your nearest bestbuy and buy one with the big apple picture on the front.. hehe.. its not hard just look for the picture thats all you need to know lol... and then buy one of them and go home and use that.. And You will not post something like this again lol...

:)

You do know why there are not alot of viruses for apple, right? Why would a hacker take his time on creating a virus to put it on an apple machine when 90% of the world owns a window pc? :p

I wouldn't waste my time on the 10% of the people that own Apples :D

You do know why there are not alot of viruses for apple, right? Why would a hacker take his time on creating a virus to put it on an apple machine when 90% of the world owns a window pc? :p

I wouldn't waste my time on the 10% of the people that own Apples :D

This did not come up as a virus warning.....it was caught by Comomdos defense + which intercepts executable files before being loaded into memory. Setting is active to the highest setting for shell code injection (ie: buffer overflow protection). I still don't understand the effects this will have on my system and how to eliminate it or whether it has been perminatly stopped/controlled by the defense program.....
Will the uninstall and reinstall of microsoft office remove /eliminate the threat or does it go beyond that ???
All other malbytes,SAspyware,adware,virus programs have been run and found nothing...
I am thinking of changing again to another virus protection program,,,,I tried norton, windows essentials,CA, and now comodo,,,,Comodo seems to be the one that has worked the best so far......

Last edited:
Ok ok ok ive told you guys once but Ill tell you again..

If your computer has anything on the front of it other than an APPLE logo or picture,, please throw it in the garbage and proceed to your nearest bestbuy and buy one with the big apple picture on the front.. hehe.. its not hard just look for the picture thats all you need to know lol... and then buy one of them and go home and use that.. And You will not post something like this again lol...

:)

The change to an apple would kill me:p but then again you may have a point;;;;

Avast is a freebie that can be had at cnet. What the heck are you doing on that computer? :D I've never heard of an Office Suite program initiating this type of error...

Avast is a freebie that can be had at cnet. What the heck are you doing on that computer? :D I've never heard of an Office Suite program initiating this type of error...

I have no idea where this came from ----I needed to make an new expense tracking template on excel after losing my previous one when I had to reformat back to original configuration a few months back.... I reinstalled all the business programs from disc.....I used the excel after reinstall a few times without a problem..... yesterday I started to build the template and the warning came up??????? This computer crap is begining to piss me off----You just don't know if your protected by the programs you buy anymore.....The old fashion way of doing paper work is the only way I guess.....PEN and PAPER...:mad:

next time that happens or if a pop up wants you to click something and has a "close" or "exit" button. Don't even click close or exit.

Because sometimes they hide code behind those that will install crap on your computer. In the future hit ("ALT" and the "F4" key) this will terminate the program no questions asked...

If you're still having problems, heres what I want you to do.

If you're running windows, open task manager
- (hit CTRL, ALT, Delete at the same time) This will open task manager. Then you'll see 3 or 4 tabs at the top

- Click the Processes tab. Expand task manager down to make the window longer so you can see all the processes. at the top you'll see the label for each column,

- click the Memory column. So it organizes them.

- Next hit CTRL and Print SCRN, and

- open a new email to me [email protected] and

- hit CTRL and V this will paste what you're seeing then send it to me and I can tell you wich ones can be bad and we can hunt the program down. :)

next time that happens or if a pop up wants you to click something and has a "close" or "exit" button. Don't even click close or exit.

Because sometimes they hide code behind those that will install crap on your computer. In the future hit ("ALT" and the "F4" key) this will terminate the program no questions asked...

Now that is something I always wondered about and suspected====Good to know:rock::rock:

If you're still having problems, heres what I want you to do.

If you're running windows, open task manager
- (hit CTRL, ALT, Delete at the same time) This will open task manager. Then you'll see 3 or 4 tabs at the top

- Click the Processes tab. Expand task manager down to make the window longer so you can see all the processes. at the top you'll see the label for each column,

- click the Memory column. So it organizes them.

- Next hit CTRL and Print SCRN, and

- open a new email to me [email protected] and

- hit CTRL and V this will paste what you're seeing then send it to me and I can tell you wich ones can be bad and we can hunt the program down. :)

email sent Dustin ----Thanks:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back