COMPUTER HELP PLEASE

ohiosrt10 said:
Your laptop should be just fine to hold tons of eBay pictures. RAM really doesn't have anything to do with how many photos will fit on your laptop. That would be determined by your hard drive size. eBay pictures are usually scaled down images and don't use much space. You can even purchase (if you don't have one) a USB memory stick and transfer them to your laptop or even store them on the stick.

Also, I don't think I'd worry at all about using a "non-secure" wireless connection. Is is very unlikely that anyone will be able to do anything other than piggy-back on your internet connection for their own use. They shouldn't be able to do anything else unless you have some very skilled hacker living within 300 feet and just waiting by his PC for a chance to intrude on your wireless communication.

Having fun yet?! ;)

Good luck.

I only have a 30GB hard drive. I do have a usb memory stick with my school work stored on it. Scott agreed with you on the "non-secure" connection issue, so I think i'm good to go until the monitor gets here. Then if I need a video card, I'll take the one that was offered :) :D

Thanks, I'm having fun now :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Wifey said:
Hi everyone,

For some reason the monitor on our computer (desktop) comes on for a second and then goes back off again.

Before that happened, it was "flickering" a little. Jerry did a system restore and then it worked fine until this morning, now it will only come on intermittently for a couple seconds. The "on light" is green.

It almost seems like it comes on, then goes into sleep mode right away. How can I tell what's going on if I can't SEE anything?

Does it sound like a virus??

Any ideas are welcome ............

Thank You
Need a better mouse for the wheel :marchmellow:

WOWWWWW! The new monitor came in today and it works JUST FINE :rock: :rock: :rock: It is a little wider than the other one and now we are up and running again

Thank You!!!!!!!! :rock: :eek: :rock: :D

80 bucks for a 60 or 80 gig zip drive basically an external disk drive and can use on both computers store it on there instead of your computer. some are only s big as a cd case so there not bulky any more. I only use a lap top and the zip drive is great. Just another route for storage.

DevilDawg3097 said:
80 bucks for a 60 or 80 gig zip drive basically an external disk drive and can use on both computers store it on there instead of your computer. some are only s big as a cd case so there not bulky any more. I only use a lap top and the zip drive is great. Just another route for storage.

We have 3 externall hard drives( 250gb) for backup with the OS and all
( one for the lap top and 1 for the desktop) and 1 with all the pic's:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back