Contribution:

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been said that there is a schism.. (a division if you will) between the long time members and the newbs. Also between those who still have SRT-10 trucks and those who do not. It has been said that the guys who no longer have trucks don't contribute enough to those who require tech info. And that they only serve to create "drama" by focusing too much on contentious topics like religion and politics.

It has also been asserted that this forum is a hot rod truck forum and that (even so much as) the discussion of anything outside the realm of cars and naked women is a distraction and (as such) antithetical to the harmony of this place.

Furthermore, it has been said that the old school is pulling down the young guns.. And that the forum would be better off if it did without all the (call it) drama generated by the "non-essential stuff"....

Personally, I think our ability to engage each other on any number of outside topics is what makes this a great place to spend time. Unfortunately, there has been very little of the "topics of interest" to me lately.... And that's why I don't post as much as I did in the past...

What do you think....?

There was just now a sizeable earthquake here in southern California.... A slow rolling and long lasting quake... It's center was Northern Mexico and it registered 6.9 on the Richter scale..... nice long ride.... Welcome to SoCal baby....Woo Hoo..!

Hope everyone's alright where you live....

D

Last edited:
Yea, was just looking at that Tim

Oh, and every bit of technical input I've offered has been ignored, so I don't offer anymore

D, I don't pay much attention to anyone who complains about me being here. And I try not to get too involved in anyone's drama.;)

I've called this site home since the place was created. I sold my truck to buy the car of my dreams and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean I didn't love the truck and IMHO that doesn't infringe on my right to be here.:aetsch:

All those who don't appreciate my perspective can use the ignore button. It won't hurt my feelings at all. :p

And if any noobs or old timers want to know what I learned out running a custom cam, valve train, intake porting or head porting on my truck, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. I'd be happy to help all that I can. :rock:

Hope you and yours don't slide off into the ocean.

Peace
:burnout:

ViperTruck2933 said:
D, I don't pay much attention to anyone who complains about me being here. And I try not to get too involved in anyone's drama.;)

I've called this site home since the place was created. I sold my truck to buy the car of my dreams and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean I didn't love the truck and IMHO that doesn't infringe on my right to be here.:aetsch:

All those who don't appreciate my perspective can use the ignore button. It won't hurt my feelings at all. :p

And if any noobs or old timers want to know what I learned out running a custom cam, valve train, intake porting or head porting on my truck, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. I'd be happy to help all that I can. :rock:

Peace

Well said............

No long slides yet......... But, sure would be one helluva ride.........:rock:

D

I still have my truck and I tend to post more in the non-truck related threads these days. If I have something to offer to the truck threads, I do. The truck talk for many of the original members transitioned to other topics as people got to know each other better. In fact, as more threads became non-truck related, the entire politics section was created so that those with interest in those discussions had somewhere to go without interferring or disrupting the base topic of the trucks.
People who are just interested in the trucks can do just that. Nothing is making anyone read the political threads. I also do not see how original members are beating up on the newer members. There is a familiarity amongst the earlier members and they know what to expect from each other. The newer members just have to acclimate to the environment. I see no malice except when it's deserved.
I understand what the concerns are, but think there is enough room for everyone to find there niche and enjoy this place. Contribution to this site doesn't stop the day you sell your truck. Patrick doesn't have his truck anymore either, should half the site be shut down? ;)

As Bill & Ted said. "Be excellent to each other..... And...... Party on dudes!!!:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:

Peace

exactly right, i think those with the knowledge don't mind sharing it, that's why im here. i want to learn more and help out where i can, to make this a better place:D

ViperJeff said:
Oh, and every bit of technical input I've offered has been ignored, so I don't offer anymore

i'm goin to disagree with that statement VJ.

just because they did not come back & say, it worked like a champ for me & all the thanks etc. that goes with it.

that does not mean ya ain't helped out several more that was just searchin for tech. input you or how many others here have offered over the years & the years to come.

& don't forget the bits & pieces that folks lock on to when advice is givin & then bits & pieces from other advice & then it just clicks to them & the prob gets solved & another beautiful beast hits the road & is enjoyed again.

after all one of the things this place is is a cyber library, to be checked out & learned from 24/7

just my .02 worth:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock:

This is just my insignificant .02, The long standing members of this forum have contributed tech. advice, And information that far surpasses any other site for these trucks, And so many other areas it's mind boggling. Most of the topics covered on this forum from day one is what helped to make this place what it is. I have never seen the generosity on this forum on any other site or forum. This is truely a one of a kind place. I am sorry to hear that some have given in, And feel that there contribution is not needed, Or wanted because of a few. As far as the noobs, They will eventually inherit this house, Good or bad we will see it happen. Until then :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

Even a dog turd will quit stinking until some jackass kicks it over!!:D :D

Sure hope ALL you guys are OK and didn't fall into the ocean.

ZCx said:
i'm goin to disagree with that statement VJ.

just because they did not come back & say, it worked like a champ for me & all the thanks etc. that goes with it.

that does not mean ya ain't helped out several more that was just searchin for tech. input you or how many others here have offered over the years & the years to come.

& don't forget the bits & pieces that folks lock on to when advice is givin & then bits & pieces from other advice & then it just clicks to them & the prob gets solved & another beautiful beast hits the road & is enjoyed again.

after all one of the things this place is is a cyber library, to be checked out & learned from 24/7

just my .02 worth:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock:

Good Point

And I really like the way that is worded :D

Why does there have to be any seperation at all!!!! Noob,,, Oldtimers:aetsch: :aetsch: Were all people whom enjoy these trucks.. If you have info to share , I PERSONALLY THANK YOU, if you want to talk about other stuff fine why should anyone care.... what ever brought you here if you enjoy it thats good.. If you get out of hand the mods will deal with it ............... whats so hard why does there have to be such seperation

hcetzneb said:
Why does there have to be any seperation at all!!!! Noob,,, Oldtimers:aetsch: :aetsch: Were all people whom enjoy these trucks.. If you have info to share , I PERSONALLY THANK YOU, if you want to talk about other stuff fine why should anyone care.... what ever brought you here if you enjoy it thats good.. If you get out of hand the mods will deal with it ............... whats so hard why does there have to be such seperation

I couldn't agree more....

But, the point came up in a discussion with Jack and Patrick. That the old timers who have no trucks were a detriment to the forum because their discussions on other issues were often inflamatory and a general distraction from the core issue of this place.

I personally consider it more of a draw than a distraction. But, therein lies the issue. I am an older member who no longer has a truck....

See what I'm saying?

D

I'm a Tweener and can see both sides of the question very clearly

I was a noob and quite frequently still feel that way when it comes to this forum and our trucks. I have stirred the pot a few times myself. But I come here for that reason. I love this place and want to gain all the knowledge that I can about our wonderful trucks. I have started some crap before and was put in my place quickly by the moderators. I know I'm an ass and don't really care what others think. Like me for me and if you don't...use the ignore button. If I make it to the pcgtg those that meet me will quickly understand that I'm an ass BUT a likeable ass. If you guys have experienced what my life has been you to would be an ass.
Ok....I'm an ass...so freekin what...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

500snakz said:
I was a noob and quite frequently still feel that way when it comes to this forum and our trucks. I have stirred the pot a few times myself. But I come here for that reason. I love this place and want to gain all the knowledge that I can about our wonderful trucks. I have started some crap before and was put in my place quickly by the moderators. I know I'm an ass and don't really care what others think. Like me for me and if you don't...use the ignore button. If I make it to the pcgtg those that meet me will quickly understand that I'm an ass BUT a likeable ass. If you guys have experienced what my life has been you to would be an ass.
Ok....I'm an ass...so freekin what...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hope you can make it to PCB, will be among a large group of asses!!!!:rock: :rock:

there is one common thread which runs between all of us....were all gearheads! :rock: (or want to be):D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back