Coolant hoses hard as rock! Are yours?

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Anytime my truck is running my upper and lower hoses are hard as a rock! IN the past that came with rising temps and a thermostat replacement? My temps never fluctuate and are great? The engine does seem hot, never smell coolant, but the hoses are rock hard and hot as hell. Usually on most cars you can squeeze the hoses and feel the water whooshing through although hot!

Soooo....please go out and feel your hoses while idling and normal operating temps and see if your hoses are this hard?
Thanks guys:D

Scott I Just went out and strarted my truck and felt it mine with able to be squished. However I didnt run it long after I run my errands today I'll check for ya buddy

Mine are hard when its hot. Soft when its cold...YES just like the peen...

I have Justin's rad pipes also, but i'm looking at my factory rad pipe right now, and there is a metal coil inside the hose, it does not squish much at all.:p

I have Justin's rad pipes also, but i'm looking at my factory rad pipe right now, and there is a metal coil inside the hose, it does not squish much at all.:p

I can squeeze mine some but not squeeze flat. It is kinda stiff but does move some when cold.

OK, seriously you jackalopes! Yeah the bottom has that coil so it doesn't collapse due to suction from the water pump. More concerned with the top side that goes to the Tstat. You CANNOT squeeze mine at all like the Tstat is partially or not opening? Been like this for some time, but just doesn't seem right compared to any of many, many cars I've worked on in the past.:dontknow: More like air pressure or stopped Tstat. May just change it anyways but wanted firsthand feedback.

I do understand after reaching operating temps that the upper hose will be somewhat hard, but usually you can squeeze one and feel the water pressure as you impede flow.

Last edited:
Yeah the bottom has that coil so it doesn't collapse due to suction from the water pump. More concerned with the top side that goes to the Tstat. You CANNOT squeeze mine at all like the Tstat is partially or not opening? Been like this for some time, but just doesn't seem right compared to any of many, many cars I've worked on in the past.:dontknow:

No, my top hose has the coil inside...i did not change my lower.

checked it a little less play after driving fir a while but there is deff a coil in it

ANybody else driving their 10 today?:dontknow:

Its normal man! just got back from a 20min drive and is hard... it means your cooling system is holding pressure. the cooling system is a sealed system that builds pressure. dont worry about it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back