Corrosion on 1 plug

vallessrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed spark plugs all were good except for one 1st one in front on passenger side,also seen that when i put on the headers about that exhaust hole was way dirty than all the others what could it be?

What part of the plug has corrosion on it? Excessive soot in the exhaust hole could be a sign of a leaking injector causing extra fuel to get in that cylinder and not get a complete burn.

At least one cylinder is running clean !

Ensure that there was good connection from boot to plug as well as no (burned) spots on the plug wire to that cylinder. You can try swapping injectors, send them out, buy new ones, or pull the entire rail off and measure the amount of fuel by using cups. If none of these work, i would take a look at coil packs and make sure you have good spark. Also make sure that both O-rings are seated if you remove the injector and rail again.

How bout doing a compression check on that cylinder and ones around it. Make sure that plug is seeing a spark. (Stick another plug on that wire then to a ground so you can see spark yourself)
It's a dead cylinder, we just need to find out why. Thinking it's a bent valve or broken piston ring land. Leakdown and compression check will rule that out in a few minutes.

The one on the left is perfectly fine, it's clean, the red can be additives added to your fuel(octane boosters,racing fuel etc.) the other one is fuel fouled, means that cylinder is running to rich! Pick up a plug reader !

Ok so i changed all the plugs I also swaped the injectors but everything still the same still corrosion on the same 1st plug so i dont think is the injector

If 9 out of 10 plugs are black and sooty, they are too rich and fouling. Only the one plug with the brown tint looks normal.

Tune? A/F Ratio? Engine issue? Error codes?

Like V1 said....check compression. Excessive oil blow by can cause fouling.

Cheers!

No 9 r good just 1 its black and sooty taking it to the shop so could check it out thanks for all the info

If 9 out of 10 plugs are black and sooty, they are too rich and fouling. Only the one plug with the brown tint looks normal.

Tune? A/F Ratio? Engine issue? Error codes?

Like V1 said....check compression. Excessive oil blow by can cause fouling.

Cheers!

Wow...my bad. Missed that. Yeah, that one cylinder looks oil fouled.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back