Couple newbie questions, DTE, brake dust...

GRB

Reaction score
Did a search and didn't find what I'm looking for.
When the DTE says 25 miles how close is that? I filled up the other day and the QC held 30 gallons. I believe my owner's manual says the tank holds 36 so I should have had 50+ miles left. Also, what does the tank actually hold including the filler neck?

I'm at about 12k miles. Is it worth doing the front brakes with the low dust Auto Zone pads at this point? I'm guessing we've got a how-to on changing the front pads. Also, my trans fluid on the dipstick looks clean but I'm wondering if it's not about time to flush the thing. Doesn't even smell bad.

Anybody had any luck finding a good spray on wheel cleaner? Something that will actually cut through that black crap.

Thanks.:burnout:

GRB said:
Did a search and didn't find what I'm looking for.
When the DTE says 25 miles how close is that? I filled up the other day and the QC held 30 gallons. I believe my owner's manual says the tank holds 36 so I should have had 50+ miles left. Also, what does the tank actually hold including the filler neck?

I'm at about 12k miles. Is it worth doing the front brakes with the low dust Auto Zone pads at this point? I'm guessing we've got a how-to on changing the front pads. Also, my trans fluid on the dipstick looks clean but I'm wondering if it's not about time to flush the thing. Doesn't even smell bad.

Anybody had any luck finding a good spray on wheel cleaner? Something that will actually cut through that black crap.

Thanks.:burnout:

slow down there cowpoke.
yes and no
never hurts to flush
any brake dust spray, the tough part is keeping it off

Performance Friction (front) Brake Pads..... Available at AutoZone.... about 30bux.....

SD

The trans. fluid is so clean I was wondering if these trucks are known for running clean or maybe the trans. was recently flushed. Like you say, can't hurt either way. I think I'll do the pads. Spraying them off twice a week at the quarter car wash is getting old. And I don't drive much!

You know I had an SS Silverado I traded in on the 06 QC. What a difference! Day and night. If I had known I would have done it sooner. But then again, I didn't live down the street from a Dodge dealer before.

Wheel wax will help wash it off and keep it to a minimum

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back