COUPLE OF PICKS FROM THANKSGIVING.

eddie102870

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to go quail hunting with Jase while he was home for thanksgiving on our hunting property. These are just a few shots i took with my cell phone while we were watching the dogs work. wish i could've gotten some better ones but its hard to tote a gun and big camera. Both dogs are German Shorthairs, DOC and LU LU

1.jpg

"LU LU"
3.jpg

"DOC"
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

the days haul
2.jpg

When I was a kid I would see quail all the time...been years since I have seen one around here or even heard the ole "bobwhite" whistle....I remember calling quail right to my bedroom window by returning the whistle....thanks for sharing the pics!!

TNVIPER said:
When I was a kid I would see quail all the time...been years since I have seen one around here or even heard the ole "bobwhite" whistle....I remember calling quail right to my bedroom window by returning the whistle....thanks for sharing the pics!!
You're the Quail Whispererer :D

TheSickness said:
I knew it Larry.....In real life your really Goober from the Andy Griffith show huh :D

Goober was a Marine! Good call Mikey! :marchmellow:

Bone, wtf is a snipe?...lol these are flight pen birds we have to put out. wild covey's are hard to find these days. we probably got a few on the place but our dogs aren't used to wild coveys. you have to be pretty quick on the trigger to get those. these fly pretty good. Doc only creeped on one bird all day. i didnt have his collar on him to let him know he messed up but he's been a pet for over a year. not bad for his 2nd hunt this year.

eddie102870 said:
Bone, wtf is a snipe?...lol these are flight pen birds we have to put out. wild covey's are hard to find these days. we probably got a few on the place but our dogs aren't used to wild coveys. you have to be pretty quick on the trigger to get those. these fly pretty good. Doc only creeped on one bird all day. i didnt have his collar on him to let him know he messed up but he's been a pet for over a year. not bad for his 2nd hunt this year.
Well come on down to florida and I will take you snipe hunting.:D :p ;)

Hear that..............:D Not even a good hunter either....I don't consider feeding little fuzzy cute birdies lead pellets for a week before hunting them real hunting :dontknow: Dude WTF is wrong with ya'lls in Bama LOL....Bet they couldn't fly either cause you clipped the wings :congrats: Bill Nance is gonna revoke your charter membership in The Rednecks that look Mexican of America club Damn it :D The RNTLMA does not look kindly upon this Shit :D :D :D

ROLL TIDE ROLL:rock: :rock: :rock:

eddie102870 said:
Bone, wtf is a snipe?...
Snipe are migratory gamebirds. They breed from the shores of the Arctic Ocean to the Canadian plains down into the northern prairie states. Like ducks and geese, each fall snipe migrate south, going as far as Brazil and Columbia, before returning northward to nest. Sometimes they flocks in groups of up to two to three dozen. Most often, you find them in ones or twos.

Like their dryland cousins, woodcock, snipe are about the size of a mourning dove. Their distinguishing feature is a long, slender beak that it plunges into wet soil to probe for earthworms.

Snipe are typically found in wet meadows, or on little hummocks rising out of freshwater marshes. When they flush, they utter a startling raspy call that sounds vaguely like "snipe," which is probably where they got their name. There is a telltale orange spot on the back by the tail, which is visible when the birds first take off, helping to distinguish them from killdeer or willets

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back