Cracked bell housing, broken slave cylinder, broken clutch

It's the only option now bud as the truck slave was discontinued. It will be in my kits from now on and great to hear your issues are resolved. So much fun banging gears in a 4 door :)

Not yet it isn't

Perhaps it works great with stock clutches or other aftermarket ones, but it seems with the centre force one it doesn't work that great.

Definitely a good move putting the metal one with your kits!

I tryed to get a stock slave last month dealer said they could no longer get them

i still think a 4 door stick is a mythical creature , haven't even seen a pic of one………………..:burnout:

Do you have some sort of traction bars?

Also do not get a Mcleod Slave if you are thinking of buying an aftermarket slave. Clutch pedal is hard like a rock with it.

I got some custom shocks made for it and that basically eliminated it.

I got a roe racing master / slave kit and the pedal feels just right.

So I got the bell housing welded up.

Got some dowels for the bell housing as there were none in there.

Got the roe racing metal slave cylinder.

Got the prop balanced again and cut the final part of the chassis it was hitting (3 different sections it's hit now)

Fitted it all up and oh my, what a difference!

That clutch slave has transformed the truck!
Much nicer pedal feel, gear selection is like silk instead of having to practically snap the stick off to select the gear. Changing gear at high revs is clean, no clutch drag.

It's made the truck a true joy to drive.
It really highlighted how bad it was before, even when new.

Venomous - I highly recommend you offer this slave setup as an option, it seems the stock one is flawed so why spend thousands of dollars to have a product that isn't as good as it could be?

Just my opinion, but the truck is now how I like it and the first real time I've been happy with it since the manual conversion.

What did you do about the one bolt hole in the bell housing and block not lining up? Did you leave it out?

I got some custom shocks made for it and that basically eliminated it.
Get some traction bars and a drive shaft loop.

If you throw on some sticky tires, you will have some wheel hop. Even with regular tires, you can have wheel hop.

After noticing #1900's clutch pedal had to be depressed all the way down to the floor board I recently picked up a new CF clutch and throw-out bearing from JMB and had it installed. I have always used CF after replacing my crap OEM clutch in 2006. Now at around 72k miles this is only the 4th clutch I've replaced. The one that was just removed wasn't even half-way used. Turns out is was a leaking throw-out bearing that was at fault. So when the time comes I can always pop in the recently removed unit that is currently boxed in the garage.

Now, I see some experienced peeps stating CF isn't all that up to par. What other clutches are out there that are considered better? :dontknow:Isn't there a blue one being sold and used? Gimmie the 411 please.

Now, I see some experienced peeps stating CF isn't all that up to par. What other clutches are out there that are considered better? :dontknow:Isn't there a blue one being sold and used? Gimmie the 411 please.

damn ant-nee... why you gotta stir the pot:dontknow: :D :D :D

i just put a spec in my truck - that's the one you're thinking of... that's all i'd run based on my experience - but that's why there's chocolate and baniyya (that's spanish for vanilla) flavors at the ice cream parlor;)

no, I drilled the block and put an M12 bolt through it with a nyloc nut on the other side

Get some traction bars and a drive shaft loop.

If you throw on some sticky tires, you will have some wheel hop. Even with regular tires, you can have wheel hop.

Drive shaft loop?

I am toying with the idea of making some traction bars, but the shocks cured the wheel hop for me completely. Maybe i'll look into it a bit more...

damn ant-nee... why you gotta stir the pot:dontknow: :D :D :D

i just put a spec in my truck - that's the one you're thinking of... that's all i'd run based on my experience - but that's why there's chocolate and baniyya (that's spanish for vanilla) flavors at the ice cream parlor;)

YESSSS Dan, a SPEC. :eek:That's the one I was thinking of. I'll try that next when the time comes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back