Craftsman Vs. Blue-point

Should i go with Craftsman or Blue-point?

• Craftsman

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • Blue-point

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
The only reason I bought snap on was because my auto program was offering a huge discount, still was very expensive.

I do have a drawer full of craftsman stuff. I prefer Craftsman ratchets over snap on because of the fact you just press the button and the socket falls off. I have a hard time getting sockets off of snap on ratchets, especially with greasy fingers.

I actually prefer the Snap On ratchets due to their gearing is tighter and Craftsmen have to move like 1/2" before it ratchets. Still have both though.

And Yes, every man should own a set of standard and metric Gearwrenches. They are the shit!

VENOMOUS1 said:
I actually prefer the Snap On ratchets due to their gearing is tighter and Craftsmen have to move like 1/2" before it ratchets. Still have both though.

And Yes, every man should own a set of standard and metric Gearwrenches. They are the shit!

YES... Ratcheting wrenches are thee best invention in hand-tools since the rock. :rock: :rock: :rock: :D :congrats:

I paid out the a$$ for my snapon set, and it was worth every penny. Snap-on's warranty is a+++. I bent my 1" wrench till it broke, they replaced it no problem...

Craftman tools are the way to go:top:

FYI
While most Craftsman hand tools are manufactured in the U.S., many power tools and accessories are manufactured overseas, sometimes with the final assembly taking place in the U.S.

Love my craftsman......never broke a 1/2" socket wrench yet but I've managed to break about 4 ...3/8 drive using as a breaker and just walked into Sears and got no questions asked free replacement...in fact I have 2 i need to take over there...
Gearwrenchs are the $hit by the way!

go snap on, the tools are alittle stronger and better mad (finer ratchet teeth) but its all pointless when you break it and cant exchange it. i say snapon if you have the tool truck in the nieghborhood.....otherwise go craftsman...both are great tools and both are in my shop box

Craftsman all the way, no matter how old, you break it, they replace it, for freeeeee

I personally use Craftsman, been using them all my life and have some that were my Grandfather's and my Father's.

Besides it is hard to get that Snap On truck to pull up to the Mall while the other half is shopping. With Craftsman it isn't a problem, I have a hang out and place to spend some of my money while she is spending the rest... :)

anyone broke a craftsman lately? cause i did about a month ago and they would not honor the warranty they told me the warranty was no longer "lifetime" but "lifetime of the tool" and that mine was beyond the "life time of the tool" reason i wont ever buy another. i ended up going to lowes kobolt tools also have a lifetime warranty.

If your not doing it for a living craftsmen will be just fine. Your right not all blue point is made here. Honestly start out with the craftsmen (cheaper in price not quality since most of snap on patents are up you see how craftsmen morphed into snap on quality) and add as you go. I have craftsmen, snap-on blue point, mac and matco. Also when in a pinch you will appreciate harbor freight:D Pos for craftsmen, you can go to any sears and warrenty. Con of snap on if you dont work in a shop you have to send it in and it takes 2-4weeks. But it is realy what you can afford.

as a helicopter doctor my box has mostly snap-on/ mac, the mid length sockets can't be beat. at the house i have a mix of them all. ebay/pawn shop deals.pawn shops are a good place to look for sets

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back