Cross member bolt torque?

Chewbacca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had just finished draining the tranny fluid, and dropped the pan, etc. After I finished I was checking around and making sure other bolts were tightened correctly. Does anyone know the correct torque for those (2) big silver bolts on that crossmember? Thanks!

Do you mean the lower control arm bolts?

I just noticed you have a really good looking piece to catch the excess oil under the truck.

LOL! Yeah, I was just messing around, no banners were harmed. I was going to try to make a big fake oil stain, and scare everyone, but forgot to the other day, and want to keep this thing moving.

I had just finished draining the tranny fluid, and dropped the pan, etc. After I finished I was checking around and making sure other bolts were tightened correctly. Does anyone know the correct torque for those (2) big silver bolts on that crossmember? Thanks!

Holy crap... you still have the factory cats on that thing??? Even if you do nothing else to the exhaust get rid of those factory cats and you will notice a nice little bump in power!!!

Holy crap... you still have the factory cats on that thing??? Even if you do nothing else to the exhaust get rid of those factory cats and you will notice a nice little bump in power!!!

Go here!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/what-could-61995/index9.html#post1266804

Anytime you wanna stop by and help...I'll supply food/beer! :beer: Got a bunch of stuff to install still, exhaust might be last thing. Figured I would do it towards the end of the summer since I use it to transport the kayak, and I'm sure it will take a while since I only get so much time to work on it.

Go here!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/what-could-61995/index9.html#post1266804

Anytime you wanna stop by and help...I'll supply food/beer! :beer: Got a bunch of stuff to install still, exhaust might be last thing. Figured I would do it towards the end of the summer since I use it to transport the kayak, and I'm sure it will take a while since I only get so much time to work on it.

Oh bad ass!!! I hope you have a lift. Not using this as an excuse but I would love to help but I've been so busy lately I barely have time to breathe. I know your a bit of a ride from me (central MA) but if you don't have access to a lift let me know, my buddy has a nice shop and he could always install it for you if you'd like. I'm not sure how far you are from route 84 but his shop is only 10 minutes off of the end of 84. He does all types of custom work so an exhaust install would be a breeze for him.

You mean around Sturbridge? Nice, I'll keep that in mind since I don't have a good shop around here that I know of. I don't have a lift, but I have ramps that are tall, and the big jack stands that go 27"? Seems like there was enough room to work when I had it up the other day.

You mean around Sturbridge? Nice, I'll keep that in mind since I don't have a good shop around here that I know of. I don't have a lift, but I have ramps that are tall, and the big jack stands that go 27"? Seems like there was enough room to work when I had it up the other day.

Ya I actually work in Sturbridge, and he's like the next town over. Trust me, I installed my B&B headers and mids and you are really going to appreciate it if you put it up in the air. You're going to spend a lot of time going from under then over, under then over... Repeat that about 20 more times! :D

Ya I actually work in Sturbridge, and he's like the next town over. Trust me, I installed my B&B headers and mids and you are really going to appreciate it if you put it up in the air. You're going to spend a lot of time going from under then over, under then over... Repeat that about 20 more times! :D

Did you pull the front inner fenders to do the install?

I did.....no lift.:(

That is the easiest way. I removed Stealth's system on the ground in about 4 hours, which included reinstalling all of the stock parts.

Well I didn't get the headers yet, so that might change your opinion. Just don't have the funds, maybe in a couple years :(. Figured I would just sell the mids when the time comes and either stay with catless, or be legit with the high flows.

That is the easiest way. I removed Stealth's system on the ground in about 4 hours, which included reinstalling all of the stock parts.

I did not remove the inner fenders. Honestly removing and reinstalling factory exhaust manifolds probably wouldn't be that bad, it was lining up the independent primary tubes to get the bolts in straight that was the problem. There is no flange across the primaries on B&B. I also bet that if you had to take a set off and then reinstall them it probably wouldn't be that bad either as I bet as the headers heat cycle time and time again they would probably want to go back to their position but when they are brand new..... what a bitch!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back