Custom exhaust

mr.srt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone driving with an custom exhaust?

Meening that you dont went and bought magnaflow, b&b or whatever but went to the exhaust shop and got them to make one..?

Im doing this soon and just want to check if anyone done this?

Whats the sound like, etc?
Would it be better with one resonator pr exhaust(dual) or one like it is stock?

Thinking of sound as well, i dont want it to be to loud.
Heard some B&B and i think its to much.
Just alitle darker and more power sounding than the diesel truck stock sound.

Well that doesnt help alot does it.

Im thinking maybe do a muffler in the back as well.
Will the sound be any good then?

Anyone done it?

Mine is a custom dual 3" Viper Side Exit Exhaust that incorporates 2 3"in/out MAC Mufflers and it sounds like a Beast in my opinion. I have tried 5-6 or more setups before finding what I was wanting.:burnout:

Here's my setup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZEbYihENc&feature=plcp]SRT-10 rear cat delete and aftermarket mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

Running LT headers, no cats, 3" SS tubing through the frame into 14" long magnaflows and will dump out side exhaust tips in front of the wheels.

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo2b.jpg

Meening that you dont went and bought magnaflow, b&b or whatever but went to the exhaust shop and got them to make one..?

I just did my exhaust about 2 weeks ago. Stock manifolds, mid cat delete, resonator delete, with a Flowmaster 50 series muffler. I'm very happy with the sound. Not to loud and not to quite.....
You have to lose the resonator and the mid cats or you won't pick up any power. The first time I went to the muffler shop I had the guy remove the mid cats and installed the flowmaster. I swear the truck felt slower untill I went back and had the resonator removed. Now it's great! Good Luck

Last edited:

Hell ya, buying a pre made is a total waste of cash,, I have two of the race viper mufflers, on to bellanger headers and highflow cats, sounds great and if you want to quiet it down leave in your cats,

Thanks!

When you delete the cats, can you use an empty stock cat or will it ruin the flow to much?
Ive had some other cars we did this on and it gets kindofa hollow sound, not much but alitle bit.

I think rear cat deletes and remove the resonator is a must. They quite up the truck so much. It also feel like it had better throttle response

Are there replacement pipes that just delete the rear cats or custom only?

I just took it to a shop and they cut out the cats and cut new pipe to size and weld the pipe in its place. Cost for it was $75 for the removal and new pipe. Just keep the old cats just in case since they are so expensive

Thanks. How much of a difference in sound and performance should I notice? Still have OEM exhaust no resonators. Muffler swap coming soon.

The rear cats did make it a little bit louder and seem to help with throttle response. The resonator was where I noticed it the most. That seemed to open it up a lot.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back