Custom one-off center caps...

Black1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished some custom center caps for my Jeep's winter wheels. The old centers were bubbled like they were sprayed with wheel acid or something.

100_5868.jpg

I was able to pop out the old shitty centers and clean up the housings...

100_5867.jpg

100_5869.jpg

Then I came up with something... eh.... different. :D My buddy and I were talking about the tires I ordered (Firestone WinterForce 265/75/15's) and he declared: "Dude, that thing is going to MURDER some snow!" :D .... Well... there it was. So, I came up with "Winter SLAY"

A little time on Adobe CS5 and.... wallah!

jake-snowflake-02.jpg

Sarah just got a new commercial graphics printer so I printed out a sheet of them... used some of her tools (circle cutters)... and I was ready to mount them.

100_5870.jpg

I then used "Doming Epoxy". Same stuff they using for making the domed emblems on cars, appliances, etc. This stuff is awesome. I can make any kind of custom emblem I want with this stuff. It's a thick gel, so it's own surface tension keeps it from running.

100_5871.jpg

It goes on milky (it's epoxy), then dries crystal clear. And this stuff is HARD when it dries. Here is the finished product, next to the old one.

100_5872.jpg

Cool, eh? :eek::) I'll get some pictures of them on the wheels when I get time to get over there and mount the tires. :burnout:

nicely done. its the little things that make customizing so fun. should look good. is the jeep red??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back