Damn it’s nice to live in Florida in the winter

Are you serious????

I've never heard the rule of having to be a child to build a snow man!!! That's ridiculous :eek:
I’ll have to agree with you because even this old man makes one every years in Florida :p:p:D:D IMG_9707.jpeg IMG_9706.jpeg

The snow here in most cases is a very dry snow, like making a snowball using granulated sugar. You’re welcome to try, bring gloves

Nahhhh! I'll believe you! I never did like snow much

-4 here today, will get to 12
Oh my!! You better bust out the summer wardrobe!!

don't think I would care for that weather but I'm sure you adapt. Plus that could be the trade off for serene living :cool:

factoring in the wind chill it's about -16!!!

cover your breather if you go outside

Holy smokes! That's way to cold for me. I guess you get used to it?

My Dad grew up in his young life in Nebraska, he told stories of having to cover your face with a scarf or whatever to keep your lungs from freezing! That's insane! I believe that story. I'm not sure I believed the we had to walk to school barefoot in the snow one though!!

I spent some time on the Northern tip of Ellesmere Island which is north of the north pole. Quite cold there too, but no wind.
There and even around here, the moisture on your eyelashes freezes and you need to put your fingers on your eyes once in a while to melt the icicles it creates. That's normal in any cold areas. And yes, for better or worse, you do get used to it.

On the upside many nasty critters and bugs are smart enough to live somewhere warmer.

Barefoot on snow on a cold day is not recommended for any length of time.

I spent some time on the Northern tip of Ellesmere Island which is north of the north pole. Quite cold there too, but no wind.
There and even around here, the moisture on your eyelashes freezes and you need to put your fingers on your eyes once in a while to melt the icicles it creates. That's normal in any cold areas. And yes, for better or worse, you do get used to it.

On the upside many nasty critters and bugs are smart enough to live somewhere warmer.

Barefoot on snow on a cold day is not recommended for any length of time.
OMG! That's not even anything I can fathom! :eek:

no barefootin on snow for me that's for sure.

It's been -50 C. with the wind (-58 F.), until recently here.

Today, it's back up to -11C (12.2 F.) and feels completely balmy!
I can't believe it really gets that cold and people survive. I do see it on the news but I guess it doesn't really seem real

maybe that's what the northerners think when we go into the 120 degree summer weather

So Ronnie, I have a question and won't ho up your question thread

do you think building snowmen is child's play? o_O

So Ronnie, I have a question and won't ho up your question thread

do you think building snowmen is child's play? o_O

No, I would think it would be therapuetic to build one.
We can't here because the snow won't stick together.
But I have seen pictures...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back