Dash speakers

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help. Does anyone know the sizes of the 3 speakers in the dash of an 04 RC? I know the drivers and passengers side speakers are the same size and then the one in the middle is a different size but I just need to know the actual sizes. Looking to upgrade all my speakers to JL Audio.

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

I say ditch the speakers and spend the money on traction or go fast goodies. A/c and radio for chumps hahaha
Lmao hey man, what can I say...I like my comfort along with my speed. It all started when I pulled my door panels off earlier to get my mirrors off since they are getting painted this week and when I laid my eyes on the extremely crappy 6x9 speakers in the door I knew I had to do something before putting them back on.

the center speaker ain't happenin.

its called a filler speaker

Well here is another question. I also want to change my sub. Can I just leave the sub amp in place and just unplug the sub from the amp, cap off the wires to the sub, and install a new sub powered from a new remote amp?

Yea you got me on that one...Mine didnt come with the Sub... they took the sub out and left the amp. I dont see why you wouldnt. You could probably hack into the signal, power, & Ground wires from the wiring harness of the stock amp. That way you could save your self the hassle of running extra wires from the front to the back

Last edited:
Yea you got me on that one...Mine didnt come with the Sub... they took the sub out and left the amp. I dont see why you wouldnt. You gonna use the "inlet" wiring harness from the stock amp?
Well I just want to leave the stock amp in place since the speaker system goes through it and just unplug the stock sub from the amp. Then I want to mount a new sub, a new amp and run the new sub off the new amp hooked up straight to my new head unit.

The speakers are amped through a different amp. Located under the passanger dash side. I was in a similar boat but with the speakers and an android headunit.

To answer your original question Yes it is possible as i had said my truck came without the Sub and the other speaker where still working as normal...due to the other amp powering them.

Last edited:
Heres the wiring diagram for the sub... see, no speakers are going through it. Personally I would hack into the oem amp wires everything is already there (wires). It would save you a huge hassle... unless you dont like hacking and modifing wires... which is understandable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-16-20-40-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-16-20-40-13.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 30
Question for the audio gurus. I ordered some wiring adapters from Metra for the 6x9 speakers in the doors and they worked perfectly. They clipped right into the factory plugs and had the 2 wires coming off the plug that fit right onto the speakers with fork terminals. My question though is for the dash speakers. Since no one makes a factory adapter like they do for the door Speakers, you have to cut the factory plugs off and crimp your own fork terminals. Well I had cut the plugs off and was trying to figure out which one was positive and negative but what was funny is that I can hold the wires to the speaker just to test it out and no matter which of the 2 wires I hold where on the speaker terminals, the speaker works. Does it not matter about polarity for some odd reason for the dash speakers?

Mopar actually has a KICKER speaker upgrade for 7 speaker systems! Search Dodge Kicker Speakers Upgrade on ebay. They are plug n play.

No polirity dont matter... I didnt keep that in mind when i did my speakers.. I ran all three up front in parallel.

Mopar actually has a KICKER speaker upgrade for 7 speaker systems! Search Dodge Kicker Speakers Upgrade on ebay. They are plug n play.
I actually had already bought JL Audio speakers. I bought the 6x9 door Speakers, 2 of the 3.5" dash speakers and I found a replacement 2.75" center speaker. Its just when I cut the factory plugs for the 3 dash speakers, I didnt know if it mattered which wire went where on the speaker or if it even mattered.

I actually had already bought JL Audio speakers. I bought the 6x9 door Speakers, 2 of the 3.5" dash speakers and I found a replacement 2.75" center speaker. Its just when I cut the factory plugs for the 3 dash speakers, I didnt know if it mattered which wire went where on the speaker or if it even mattered.

Nope it shouldnt matter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back