DC Performance PCM and 170 Thermo Installed Today

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS delivered this afternoon. 30 minutes later my low-temp thermo and performance PCM from DC were installed. The performance improvement is significant. Not having gotten to run tonight because of the track being closed for re-surfacing I'll not have a bone stock track baseline for comparison but I can't say that I really care.

Thanks to all for the info. resulting in money well spent on the first mods.

I've had it 2 weeks today. Now have a K&N drop-in, DC Stage II Flash, and low-temp thermostat. Next mods will be B&B exhaust from long-tubes to exhaust tips....proably in February.

Now for a whine.......our local weather reported a dewpoint of 8^ tonight and the weatherman said "You'll probably never see it lower". Sure would have liked to have been able to go to the track.

Thanks again for the performance mod guidance.

oldguysrt10 said:
UPS delivered this afternoon. 30 minutes later my low-temp thermo and performance PCM from DC were installed. The performance improvement is significant. Not having gotten to run tonight because of the track being closed for re-surfacing I'll not have a bone stock track baseline for comparison but I can't say that I really care.

Thanks to all for the info. resulting in money well spent on the first mods.

I've had it 2 weeks today. Now have a K&N drop-in, DC Stage II Flash, and low-temp thermostat. Next mods will be B&B exhaust from long-tubes to exhaust tips....proably in February.

Now for a whine.......our local weather reported a dewpoint of 8^ tonight and the weatherman said "You'll probably never see it lower". Sure would have liked to have been able to go to the track.

Thanks again for the performance mod guidance.

The B&B catback makes another nice improvement in power and pt torque.
They also make a nice hi-flo cat setup that hooks up from the stock manifolds to the B&B catback or from the headers back.
Glad to hear you like the custom flash. I could never go back to the lame stocker.

Ron

Last edited:
Sounds like I need tot give DC a call. Do they change the settings if you have headers and a cat back? Or is it a standard setting for the truck?

Thanks!

I asked (Dan) if I needed to get a re-flash after installing headers, high-flow cats, and cat-back. Answer was no. He said a re-flash wasn't warranted unless I went forced induction or installed a cam. He said it'd then need to be put on the dyno and tuned.

I don't know if they answer e-mails. I paid $600 for the tune, $300 for a spare PCM, and $68 for the thermostat. Lots of money but worth it.

So $968 was your total cost? Would it be worth the cost in a RC. I've heard the QC's have the biggest gains, shift points and all.

Hi all,
Thanks for the comments and input. I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]. The messages left on the board may not be replied to as I only check the site periodically. Please feel free to call me anytime at the shop 310-841-6996. I welcome your questions and business.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc

walenator said:
So $968 was your total cost? Would it be worth the cost in a RC. I've heard the QC's have the biggest gains, shift points and all.
The DC flash for RC's makes the truck much more fun to drive. It really "wakes" it up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back