DC Performance

LoveThisTruck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda short notice, but I'll be there tomorrow at 1pm. So if you wanna come hang out... maybe grab some grub after:dontknow: you're more than welcome.

I just want to make sure the tune is perfecto with the change in altitude/climate and with the 91 octane:burnout:

Wish I could, I might have to make a pit stop there after the Sac GTG

LoveThisTruck said:
I think they're doing me a bit of a favor:eek:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

1:00p it is, see you there,
Quick

FerrariTruck said:
post up how it goes, i think you will be the first roe truck to get tuned there.. I think

Really? I'll ask em about that.

I'll post the results asap tomorrow. Like I said, I'm not going for max power... just a good clean tune:)

QuickSilver said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

1:00p it is, see you there,
Quick

:rock: lookin forward to it

SrtBrad said:
I'm setting up a crane for a video wedding job that I'll be doing. How long is DC going to need. Maybe you can hang out for a bit while I get you to set up the crane.:D

LOL I don't know how long i'll be at DC. What time is the wedding?

LoveThisTruck said:
LOL I don't know how long i'll be at DC. What time is the wedding?

It starts at 7pm but I'm leaving LA to go to Hollywood at 1:30pm. The crane should take about 2 hours to set up and then I'll have an hour or 2 to hang out. Let me know.

SrtBrad said:
It starts at 7pm but I'm leaving LA to go to Hollywood at 1:30pm. The crane should take about 2 hours to set up and then I'll have an hour or 2 to hang out. Let me know.

Well I'll be at DC around 12-12:30... let the truck cool down for a bit. I don't wanna bother you while you're workin, but swing by if you can:burnout:

we need #'s. i get so excited when someone goes to the dyno like its my truck. i'll just check back later:burnout:

Numbers are pretty much the same. It was "pinging" before...probably because of the 91 octane, and now it's not.

It's also burning oil:confused: but it was BEFORE THE BUILD TOO. Anybody got any ideas??? Chris thinks it might be because It doesn't have a catch can. It just has a little breather on the drivers side valve cover:dontknow: I don't know man... needless to say, I'm not exactly thrilled.

A little smoke on this one. There were times where it was much worse... big puffs of black smoke.

Adding a catch can (venting from the rear drivers side valve cover outlet) will reduce some of the pressure in the valve train area. Because of the rotation direction of the engine the pressure in the drivers side can be pretty high, where as the pressure in the passenger side is very low. Close inspection will show that in oem valve covers the passenger side rear vent is very small.

But some tubing to a catch can from the rear of the drivers side will reduce the pressure on the drivers side. That pressure under heavy load can push some oil mist into the valve train and possibly into the exhaust stream...

Here is where I have placed my catch can...you can see the tube that comes around the rear of the Roe and has plastic ties securing the tube to the heater hose...JMB will send the catch can and tubing...in the color you want. Draining the catch can in this position is very easy since I have removed my front air ducting shields.

Candy2.jpg

So you agree that this could be the problem?? I really hope it is.

My valve covers are going to have to be tapped, so I'll probably buy the catch can from DC and let them take care of buisness.

what were the #'s before??????????? lol

I think we are making a huge mistake putting catch cans in these daily drivers and doing away with the pcv system.

Is it leaking any oil out of any gaskets? If its smoking and leaking it has to be crankcase pressure.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back