DC Stage 2 PCM

V10ToGo said:
I used their online query on Sunday - haven't heard from them yet. Want to get one soon.

One question for you guys - if I buy a new PCM flashed then install it, then swap it out for dealer service, can the dealer tell that another PCM was used?

I sent them three emails back in Dec, haven't heard back. Must have to call.

Dealer - Probably not, unless they watch CSI.

V10ToGo said:

6pak - was that the results of dyno testing or seat of the pants? Why would yours be so low compared to those who go crazy for these things?

Realistic numbers are a little bit less than half of the potential claim (80/100). Also depends on your mods.

Well,that's been my question all along,why am I not seeing what everyone else is seeing ????:dontknow: When I called and ordered it, I told them exactly what my truck had on it,and it was programmed to those specs!But I still say,ONLY a 5hp difference from stock :dontknow: As I said before,the tq was up,but maybe by less than 1/2 of what others are saying !!!:dontknow: ,I'm trying to convince the wife that I can't live without a SC,and if that happens,I'll just let ROE get me dialed in !!!

Bone said:
Realistic numbers are a little bit less than half of the potential claim (80/100). Also depends on your mods.
I have no other mods. Will add a 170 degree Tstat and run 93 octane. What do you think I can expect?

With the stage 2/Borla Exhaust without rear cats and K&N CAI I hit 438 RWHP and 500 TRQ. Here is a copy of the dyno sheet.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 65
V10ToGo said:
I have no other mods. Will add a 170 degree Tstat and run 93 octane. What do you think I can expect?
Every truck, every dyno, every day is different.

WAG - 435/480 RW

WHAT THE ???? I GET ALL BONED UP
ABOUT THIS THING AND 6 PAKATTACK
SAYS HE'S NOT GETTING MUCH IMPROVEMENT
WHAT DO YOU THINK CAN CAUSE SUCH A BIG DIFF.IN
WHAT THE PCM GAINS IN HP, TRQ.

just installed my pcm that i got from 6 pakk,have not put it on the dyno yet,but just by the seat of the pants i can tell you that it did make a big diffrence over the oem computer,throtal responce is so much better,more power really screams.

wont grow old said:
WHAT THE ???? I GET ALL BONED UP
ABOUT THIS THING AND 6 PAKATTACK
SAYS HE'S NOT GETTING MUCH IMPROVEMENT
WHAT DO YOU THINK CAN CAUSE SUCH A BIG DIFF.IN
WHAT THE PCM GAINS IN HP, TRQ.

Remember the gains are not in Max HP. Plus some trucks are just better from the factory then others. As I recall there were a few who did not feel like the flash did much for them. But 98% of the others loved it. Hell even the same dyno can give you different numbers on the exact some truck. Tire pressure, engine being hot, etc can all affect the dyno. Dyno numbers should be used as a tool. Specifically in before and after numbers for mods. Another good test is track times and HP when you trap.

QClikeKW said:
It will help it get to third much quicker because Dodge detuned the Quad Cab a lot in the first two gears to help keep the transmission alive past the warranty peroid

Does this mean a QC transmission will be abnormally affected by using a tuned-up PCM?

What will happen if I take in my truck for service with the tuned-up PCM?

SRT-10 said:
What will happen if I take in my truck for service with the tuned-up PCM?
That's my question too. Will the technicians know that another PCM was installed?

I THOUGHT THESE WERE TRUCK SPECIFIC.HOW CAN 6PAKATTACK
TURN AROUND AND SELL HIS TO SOMEONE AND STILL WORK.
DONT YOU HAVE TO GIVE VIN.#, MODS.,ETC.WHEN YOU ORDER?

I have the same PCM from DC Performance. I definetely feel and love the difference!

I also changed the thermostat and have magnaflows on it.

BUT, I can't stand the pinging sound the motor makes when I punch the throttle! It may just be me, but it seems like it may be getting worst... I use Premium fuel every time I fill up, so I don't know what it could be. Do any of you have the problem???

wont grow old said:
when i got the pcm from 6pakk i had to send it back to B&G along with my vin.number to have it reprogramed for my truck,and yes the pcm is truck specific you can not buy one from somebody and plug it in and have it work.:D

wont grow old said:

If you buy a used pcm, you would have to send it in to a vendor to have your vin# flashed into it. So it can be made to work as long as its the same year. The flashes are not so specific. They are general flash's cept of course if you get a blower specific flash.

As far as dealer visits.....take the thing out before you visit the dealer and put back in the stocker. The less they know the better chance of using your warranty.

patrick

my truck is at the dealer now haveing a trans rebuild, i had the dc perforance stage2 w/new pcm in my truck and i think the moore TRQ. helped my tranny go byby...thats my opinion...and i took out the pcm & put in the stock one and so far they have said nothing about it,so can they tell??:dontknow: they are rebuilding my trans under warranty ....but i''l say the the best bang for the buck was the pcm.....in moore ways than one:burnout: ....but yes i did see a big power & TRQ. diff. in my 2005 Q C....(in my opinion you need to upgrade the trans some time if your doing a lot of mods...)i'm not saying the pcm is not a good thing i'm just saying you need to think of the tranny along the way with all the other upgrades....

Last edited:
fast fred, was the DC pcm the only performance mod you had?

SRT-10 said:
fast fred, was the DC pcm the only performance mod you had?
NO.. i have put gibson headers--brola exhaust--k&N tube--stage2 w/new pcm--everything lowing kit from boomer--intake spacer from boomer--and a lot of stuff for the outside look from boomer....lots of stuff:rock:

SnakeBite said:
I have the same PCM from DC Performance. I definetely feel and love the difference!

I also changed the thermostat and have magnaflows on it.

BUT, I can't stand the pinging sound the motor makes when I punch the throttle! It may just be me, but it seems like it may be getting worst... I use Premium fuel every time I fill up, so I don't know what it could be. Do any of you have the problem???

You need your timing dialed back a little to stop the pinging. Should be an easy fix.

not a good payoff

fast fred said:
yes i did see a big power & TRQ. diff. in my 2005 Q C....(in my opinion you need to upgrade the trans some time if your doing a lot of mods...)i'm not saying the pcm is not a good thing i'm just saying you need to think of the tranny along the way with all the other upgrades....
I thought our trans was good for up to 600 or 650 HP - NO? Yours went south before that. Did you abuse it somehow? Got me a little shook now. Add a PCM and lose the tranny? - not a good payoff. :confused:

Back