DC Stage 2 PCM

V10ToGo said:
I thought our trans was good for up to 600 or 650 HP - NO? Yours went south before that. Did you abuse it somehow? Got me a little shook now. Add a PCM and lose the tranny? - not a good payoff. :confused:
i'm not saying it was just the pcm but i think it helped with eveything else and with my heavy foot...

FlyingLow said:
You need your timing dialed back a little to stop the pinging. Should be an easy fix.

Your right! I Just got off the phone with Dan at DC, he applogized for the problem and said to send the pcm back so could dial back the timing a little to take care of the problem, and the the shipping as well. Said it was more common on 06's than 05's. Very nice attitude and very helpful!!!

SnakeBite said:
Your right! I Just got off the phone with Dan at DC, he applogized for the problem and said to send the pcm back so could dial back the timing a little to take care of the problem, and the the shipping as well. Said it was more common on 06's than 05's. Very nice attitude and very helpful!!!

Cool!!

i just ordered a PCM and i was thinking the same thing about the tranny. i hope that it doesn't do the same thing with mine.

My tranny started slipping with the stage 2. Then I went and got my bands adjusted at 15K miles (per the manual) and no problems since.

I'M SCARED JOEY!!!!
IS IT REALLY SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT OR JUST AN ISOLATED CASE??
MINE IS A DAILY DRIVER,BUT I WANT SOME MORE ASS IN IT.
THIS MOD SOUNDS GREAT, BUT TRANNY PROBLEMS MAKE ME WONDER

wont grow old said:
I'M SCARED JOEY!!!!
IS IT REALLY SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT OR JUST AN ISOLATED CASE??
MINE IS A DAILY DRIVER,BUT I WANT SOME MORE ASS IN IT.
THIS MOD SOUNDS GREAT, BUT TRANNY PROBLEMS MAKE ME WONDER

Is it a risk? Yes. Is it a big risk? I say no. If you are concerned you can have them dial back the timing some so you end up with a little less HP and TRQ. Really I don't think there are a lot of people with tranny damage from the flash only. All you are really doing with the flash is adding HP and TRQ in the lower RPM ranges. The issue is taking out the TRQ management. But even with that I think the chances of you frying your tranny are slim.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
Is it a risk? Yes. Is it a big risk? I say no. If you are concerned you can have them dial back the timing some so you end up with a little less HP and TRQ. Really I don't think there are a lot of people with tranny damage from the flash only. All you are really doing with the flash is adding HP and TRQ in the lower RPM ranges. The issue is taking out the TRQ management. But even with that I think the chances of you frying your tranny are slim.

Smoke
and if i may add "its how you drive it"!! you can do the trans just in the way you drive it also........with no upgrades...

Isn't the trannies in the QC's from the 2500 diesel truck's with 600 stock torque? And the torque is getting delivered hard off the line with these and the diesel truck when towing or nailing on it right? So why should their be tranny problems with the pcm's? The only thing i've heard is these trannies don't like getting romped on 70mph and up. These things handle low end torque better than high end. Please correct me if i'm wrong.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back