Dealers suck

I would think the stealerships #1 goal would be customer satisfaction or any other business. Personally my dodge dealership has never screwed me financially or been rude to me but I think their work has been sub par. I take both my trucks there for piss ant stuff. One time I made an appointment (I think 5 days was the soonest they could fit me in). My truck sat in the same spot all day. They called me about an hour before closing time and asked if they could keep it another day. What the hell. They had all day to work on it and didn't even touch it. Plus they left it outside overnight. The needing it for another day has happened on more than one occasion. Right now I have some parts on order for them to change out. The parts were ordered over a month ago and no call to say it is in. I give you my phone # for a reason. That is to call me when the service is done and to let me know when my parts are in. That is a big pet peve of mine. Two strikes and I go someplace else. My other selection is not very convienent for me, but I can't stand how the local shop is. On the other note when I had my chevy the service there was top notch. Just my personal expierences.

my dealer is awsome i get along real well with the service manager they get my truck done quick with no excuses i guess i got lucky

harrisb said:
Stealership just called and of course they could only complete half of the 4 items on my list for today. Second time it has been in there for this work grrrrrrr. I can't wait till they send me that little survey, they're about to get a very poor review. Each time I have left the truck with them from 7am for the entire day, this is ridiculous. Items on my list were:

-replace pass door seal
-check squeaky clutch pedal (intermittent)
-Missing screw from front bumper at the wheel well
-align bed with cab

The way I look at it I could have done all of these items myself in a couple of hours (I know they are just going to lube that plastic thing in the clutch).

Does everyone else have the same experiences getting service done? Any suggestions in the Fort Worth area for stealerships? The truck goes in very rarely and mostly only for cosmetic junk like this. I just find it frustrating that they have now had this thing for 2 complete working days and each time stroke only the low hanging fruit off the list. First time it was there for an oil change and align the bed. This time they will not complete the truck bed alignment again and the squeaky clutch pedal. This is a joke.
the squeaky clutch is the master/slave cylinder getting ready to fail..... you're going to want to get this fixed before it affects your tranny........ the next time it happens to me, i'm upgrading to centerforce.....:D

I will say the new service advisor they gave me is much better, and I have had no problems from him. He has been straight forward and quick.

well if they say they cant do this, that or the other cause it appears to have been raced all you need to do is point back to the owners manual.

in the manual there is a maintenance schedule that states if the truck is used for racing this is what you need to have done at said interval.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back