Dealers suck

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealership just called and of course they could only complete half of the 4 items on my list for today. Second time it has been in there for this work grrrrrrr. I can't wait till they send me that little survey, they're about to get a very poor review. Each time I have left the truck with them from 7am for the entire day, this is ridiculous. Items on my list were:

-replace pass door seal
-check squeaky clutch pedal (intermittent)
-Missing screw from front bumper at the wheel well
-align bed with cab

The way I look at it I could have done all of these items myself in a couple of hours (I know they are just going to lube that plastic thing in the clutch).

Does everyone else have the same experiences getting service done? Any suggestions in the Fort Worth area for stealerships? The truck goes in very rarely and mostly only for cosmetic junk like this. I just find it frustrating that they have now had this thing for 2 complete working days and each time stroke only the low hanging fruit off the list. First time it was there for an oil change and align the bed. This time they will not complete the truck bed alignment again and the squeaky clutch pedal. This is a joke.

Last edited:
Oh ya, no offense to Dragon and Bucke who seem to run good operations, I just seem to be unlucky.

Dealer(s) are crooks.. simple as that. Clear Lake Dodge is a joke.

i can say the dealership i bought my truck from treats me like gold no complaints,i guess that i am lucky.

harrisb said:
Stealership just called and of course they could only complete half of the 4 items on my list for today. Second time it has been in there for this work grrrrrrr. I can't wait till they send me that little survey, they're about to get a very poor review. Each time I have left the truck with them from 7am for the entire day, this is ridiculous. Items on my list were:

-replace pass door seal
-check squeaky clutch pedal (intermittent)
-Missing screw from front bumper at the wheel well
-align bed with cab

The way I look at it I could have done all of these items myself in a couple of hours (I know they are just going to lube that plastic thing in the clutch).

Does everyone else have the same experiences getting service done? Any suggestions in the Fort Worth area for stealerships? The truck goes in very rarely and mostly only for cosmetic junk like this. I just find it frustrating that they have now had this thing for 2 complete working days and each time stroke only the low hanging fruit off the list. First time it was there for an oil change and align the bed. This time they will not complete the truck bed alignment again and the squeaky clutch pedal. This is a joke.

Watch sending in the surves or calling Dodge, I did and when I had to go back they said they didn't want our biz ,leave ,or we will call the Police!!
WTF, This after putting wrong fluids in and cutting 2 tires on thier too narrow service rack. ...WARNING.. Stay Clear of Chet Watts Dodge Victorville Ca.:mad: :mad:

Sorry you guys have had bad experience, but I can tell you on a good note that I have been tickled with the service I've received from Tom Matson Dodge in Auburn, WA. If you want it done right ask for Tom Jr and he will take care of it!!:D

bucke77 said:
I've always have had good service:D :D :D :D

I specifically mentioned you and dragon so as to not tick anyone off. Tried to play the PC side of things.....:D

harrisb said:
I specifically mentioned you and dragon so as to not tick anyone off. Tried to play the PC side of things.....:D
i know thanks...my comment was a joke. as i always take care of myself.:D

BigRed460 said:
Dealer(s) are crooks.. simple as that. Clear Lake Dodge is a joke.

i have had no problems with clear lake dodge whatsoever.

i have got a new tranny, new rotor door seals anything i have complained about they have fixed.

i am now out of warranty on my rc and the guy said he will try to replace my oil cooler lines since it has been in there this problem before.

Stingray said:
It sure doesn't help when you go into the dealership already assuming you are going to get screwed.
right on the nose. being in the dealership business, the customers that think they are gonna get screwed are those ones that do. perception!!!

I didn't have that perception....but I didn't really get screwed either (financially). Just lost time from my schedule. I am simply frustrated with the fact that it will take 3 visits (hopefully) for a simple bed alignment to take place. I just posted my experience, facts.
It almost seemed like they were bothered by the fact that I would even request such a thing both times I have been there. Now, I didn't buy a POS neon here, this is an SRT10, I expect my bed to be straight with the cab, a fairly reasonable request I might add.

Stingray said:
It sure doesn't help when you go into the dealership already assuming you are going to get screwed.
No but it seems like everytime you do go to one you do get screwed :mad:

Nothing personal Stingray :D

bucke77 said:
right on the nose. being in the dealership business, the customers that think they are gonna get screwed are those ones that do. perception!!!
Hmmmmmm I wish that same theory worked with getting rich ;) ;) :dontknow: :D I think I'm gonna get rich all the time and it still hasn't happened yet. I have, unfortunately, been screwed over by the dealer though. :( Murphy's Law I guess
:D

harrisb said:
I didn't have that perception....but I didn't really get screwed either (financially). Just lost time from my schedule. I am simply frustrated with the fact that it will take 3 visits (hopefully) for a simple bed alignment to take place. I just posted my experience, facts.
It almost seemed like they were bothered by the fact that I would even request such a thing both times I have been there. Now, I didn't buy a POS neon here, this is an SRT10, I expect my bed to be straight with the cab, a fairly reasonable request I might add.
i would agree. does this dealer have a body shop on site? this adjustment is done by body shops. if it doesn't then that would require the service advisor to set something up with a local body shop, then take the time to complete all the paperwork and transporting the vehicle there for repairs. typically just changing your service advisor will take care of all your issues.

Yep, that's what ticks me off, they have a body shop on site, it is a brand new facility. I will try working with someone else, thanks for the tip, I may also just switch dealers to somewhere that I don't feel I causing them an inconvenience. I still can't wait for that survey....

Stingray said:

I had full trust in that dealership and stayed with them longer than anyone else would of. We had a strong company bond with them and the screwed us over and over. ( we have purchased over 80 trucks in 10 years)

#1 - Moms 2006 CTD came from them w/ a lift and 35'' tires, 3 months after she bought it the tires were rubbing the insides of the fenders. They were going to charge her 2500$ to fix it. The overhead console reads 55mph all the time, they have tried to fix that 4 times and had the truck for a totaly of 7 days. The driver side a/c vent is stuck, they say thats not covered under warranty on a 6 month old truck, there are no broken pieces, no scratches the vent just wont move. the power seat for the passanger didn't work from day 1, it took the 2 try's but at least its done.

#2 We order trucks in groups of 5, all 2500 r/c long bed heavby duty work trucks. One thing we do is order them without the "sentry" key @ 50$ a key is get expencive. On our last order we got them, and they had the chipped keys. They refused to help me at first, then said there was nothing they could do, but they will give us an extra key for each truck...(we need 6 keys for each one)

#3 They charged us 3400$ to fix our 1 ton, the replaced the pcm, gauges, bcm air bag control, abs control, and the fuel pump. The truck still didn't work... (I had worked on it first, and could not find out what was wrong so i will give them it was hard) I got the old parts back from them and put them on another truck(used our computer to program the vin)... all exept the pcm and the bcm worked... All they did was replace part after part till it was fixed.

#4 The last straw was my truck. They had it for 5 days(1900miles on it) to replace slave, with in 5 min. of leaving the dealer I noticed i couldn't down shift. They had it for another week, acused me of abusing the truck, said they "shouldn't" honor the warranty, and the only reason it broke was the truck was have the "dog piss" run out of it. They then replaced the syncro. and call me to pick it up. (now have had it 12 days) Before i reached the dealer they called me back and said there was a problem on the test drive (i had asked them the last time why they didn't drive it) I asked what happen and they said the problem returned. I was allready around the corner so i went to talk to them. They said it made a funny noise and vibrated and then started grinding on down shifts...(same problem) I then as if it was ther policy to let there techs "drive the dog piss'' out of peoples trucks(which i would hope they would "test" it but....) He said that his techs where not like that, so i told him it must of been the shoty work. He started to get mad and ask Y when they drive it and it breaks it's fine, but when I drove it it was because I "dogged" it. He then Apoloigized. an i left ... they call me A WEEK LATER and tell me there ordering a new tranny and it wont be in for 3 weeks( they had orginal said there would replace the whole thing the first time, but the changed there mind). So i went and got the truck (btw my daily driver) and waited It came in and they had it for 5 more days. When it went in i told them the speaker was out on the driver side(replace it) and the check engine light was on. They said the light was a "false" code. Two days later the light came back on. Brought it back... once again a "false" code. when i put my scanner on it was a p1494. Up to this point I had been very nice and other than a few brief moments I was very polite to them. But then it happen again. the light came on.. i brought it to them, they kept it for 5 days and FINALY said the emitions pump was bad, and they would order one... a few more days (btw this whole time I can't register it beacause i can't get it inspected) They took it last week for 2 days and put it in... Now finaly everything is ok. I don't like there atitude, they treated me like i was a dumbass.

Thats a lot of missed spelled words, I typed fast...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back