dealership questions

Randall488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got to diggin through my grandads old paperwork and found a huge manilla folder full of papers and letters for my 95 ram. I know my grandad didn't take the truck to the dealership for the recall work. I was told that recalls are free for the life of the vehicle. Could I get the truck serviced now even though its changed owners?

If the recalls have not been done then it should be free no matter who the owner is, just call the dealer and give them the vin number and they can tell you what recalls need to be done

I would think a recall is still a recall :dontknow:

maybe do a google search and see if you can dig up more info.

Yup, as long as it hasn't been done, they gotta do it. Regardless of age or owner.

as they have indicated, open recall's are for the life of the vehicle, regardless of owner, at any dealership of that brand..............I am a dealer

Some recalls have a time limit. whats the last 8 characters of your vin? I'll let you know what are open...

As mopar connection said, last 8 of the vin to anyone with access to dealerconnect will tell you. You can PM me your last 8 and I can check.

yep you've got a bunch of 'em and they're old ones! you may have a hard time getting a dealer to do some of them.

the only recall related to the engine is the intake manifold gasket. it is an inspection to make sure the gasket was installed properly, and if not replace the intake gasket. Now being that the recall is 12yrs old and you have (i'm assuming) several ten of thousands of miles. I would say it is safe to say that it was installed properly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back