Debadging in progress

Stagethree said:
What pound fishing line do you use? 10 lb or 60?

I was joking but:p ... come to think about it it could make a difference!
Lower test line is thinner so could work better.:dontknow:

I need to do this to mine too.:)

I use 50LB line and it sometimes breaks, but I just cut a new piece off and go again.

05QCViper said:
debadged the truck today---tried fishing line then denatal floss---what a pain----decided to try some kite string and bingo had them off in less time than it takes to drink a beer-----used wd 40 and a plastic paint scrapper to remove remaining adhesive--took about half hour to complete---i left the srt10 badges on the doors,,, I realized they have different locations from one door to the other-----guess i need to move one or remove them
they are easy o put back on i posted pics of mine when i removed the srt on the drivers door and put them back on doesnt take that long.

Whats this called thread necrolepsy? I just debadged last weekend.

I just wanted to share a few tips

The hood emblem should go first as it is easiest to heat up and comes off with a "credit card".

pro-tip heating up the plastic card with the blow dryer makes it "mallable" and soft, so it wont scatch your paint. EDIT:I used this method to take one hoodside off in one shot, by heating both the surface and the plastic card,.

the srt-10 should go next, I suggest fishing line, take your time, then use the same as above, you can also use a micro fiber to rub, but I had better results without using any "solvents". solvent plus anything harder than a microfiber will leave scratches.

I had a lot of glue for a tonneau cover. So it was a pain to get it all off so my paint job looks like ass anyway. I like it better now with the wing.

The DODGE and RAM are definately the hardest, but you should have a system down by then.

The rest of my paint job is pretty lousy I have 85k on the ODO. I was thinking about having something professionaly done ( detail, light body touch up or repaint).

Last edited:
Does anyone with a bebadged 06 want to sell there badges??

I'd luv to take them off your hands :D

Back