debadging problem

hcetzneb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i took them off this weekend and the paint is faded well not faded.. The truck only has 6k on it and it a 04 but when paint fades under a emblem the panel fades lighter and under the emblem its darker ...... i have the opposite its lighter under the emblem just seeing if anyone eles ever saw this .. well quess im doing some paint work:(

we have some good painters on here, maybe they will chime in, take a pic and post it up, you may be able to do a little wet sanding and polishing and blend it a little

Took my badges off the 06' and had my painter just buff the area the badges were;) Can't see them at all now. It looked terrible until I had buffed. Here's a picture.
Redtruckforsale041.jpg

FSTJACK said:
What color is the truck?
Red... I went at it with some compond and a buffer but it needs wet sanding..

i just never saw paint fade that way

hcetzneb said:
Red... I went at it with some compond and a buffer but it needs wet sanding..i just never saw paint fade that way

Red is a color that fades in the sun and light.

The paint is probably over 6 years old at this point and there is bound to be some pigment fading.

Clean it up the best you can, and you will probably be the only person that will see it.

Or get yourself some custom decals made and just cover up the faded areas.

after I debadged had the same issue with the flame red if you have buffed it and waxed let it sit in the sun the colors will blend and you wont notice it in a couple week (if ya get enough sun)

Had the same issue but with the dealership tag on the tailgate. I HATE THAT! Arggg...

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
i didnt fade , the rest of it jsut got darker:D

What stink said, Had same issue, do what the guys said, Buff and wax ...

Jim

JimTeTe said:
What stink said, Had same issue, do what the guys said, Buff and wax ...

Jim
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks guys i was going to have some of the trim painted so when i do ill have the guy do some color sanding it should all come out... I have debaged lots of cars before but never seen the under of the emblem get lighter

add pics

Here is the dodge one before i did any clean up the white is still alittle glue

Attachments

• photo[1] (21).jpg
    photo[1] (21).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 69
I did the same thing this weekend. I tried to buff it out with no luck. It gets Hot here in Texas so maybe in time the ghost efffect will go away. I have a red 04. I am looking for a good touch up guy as well, Have a few rock chips and a couple of scratches in the bed I want taken care of. I am in the Mckinney Texas area. Thanks.

i'll save you the aggravation....

paint your tailgate....trust me, it's not worth all the buffing and waxing, and all that crap...it ain't gonna come back...the red is the worst to fade...

should only be a couple hundred bucks from a decent paint shop....

Man, I have never seen it like that. I was thinking it can't be too bad, but, that is pretty bad lol. As I see it, you have 3 options. 1) leave it as-is, it looks like ghost writing. Those up close will see what it is "An SRT/10", those a far won't, that's a good thing. But, it depends how bad it is in person. Last thing you won't is for it to look like you just couldn't be arsed fixing it. Only in person can one tell if it looks like that way, that's your call. 2) repaint the entire tail gate or get a good painter to blow over it. Me personally, I'd do the entire tailgate. The guy has the paint in/matched, things masked, the truck is there, so it's not going to cost a hell of a lot more to do the entire gate. 3), paint the emblems and put them on or simply just put theback on and leave it stock. I like option 2. :)

Dude, I went though this with my 1st one, leave it alone and in about 6 months you won't see $#!*.

it's been 5 months...and you can still tell a huge difference...on mine and i don't park mine in the garage....maybe the sun fades it differently around the country....:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back