Deep fried turkey

505'sFastestViper.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys we are having Thanksgiving at my house this year for family and friends. I have never had a fried turkey and it is something I want to do.
I have watched videos so I think I'll be alright.
Are there any special trucks or awesome rubs or marinades I can't live without.
Ok go!!!
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Man deep fried turkey is Texas born. You need to get the injector to inject the turkey. That's the key. Peanut oil too ;)
Your basic ingredients with an olive oil or butter base.

Make sure the Bird is warmed up, the deep fryer cooks off any rub,
Get the Oil hot and lower it in very slowly, put the spice and flavor in the what ever you are serving and don't forget the gravy!

Inject that bad boy with Tony Chachere's Butter Jalapeno stuff. Comes as a little kit, with injector and a bottle of the stuff!!!

Also, don't put a frozen turkey into the fryer. And if you do, run a safe distance and take a video and post it on YouTube like everyone else that has done so.

Also make sure you don't have so much oil in the pot that it overflows:D fried turkey is awesome!!

Inject that bad boy with Tony Chachere's Butter Jalapeno stuff. Comes as a little kit, with injector and a bottle of the stuff!!!

Also, don't put a frozen turkey into the fryer. And if you do, run a safe distance and take a video and post it on YouTube like everyone else that has done so.

If you don't drop a frozen bird in hot oil once in your life you have no hair on your nuts lol .Just a tip ,hang it from a tree limb by a rope and lower it into the oil from a few feet away .Gives you a head start on running time for the excitement !
I have done it 3 times just for fun :D

Last edited:
image.jpg
If you don't drop a frozen bird in hot oil once in your life you have no hair on your nuts lol .Just a tip ,hang it from a tree limb by a rope and lower it into the oil from a few feet away .Gives you a head start on running time for the excitement !
I have done it 3 times just for fun :D

Use nothing else than "100% pure peanut oil"!!!! None of that blended crap! I made that mistake once! Oh, and shut off the flame when lowering, once it's in, turn the flame back on... Don't wanna ignite the overfilling oil.

Get the pot a day before, throw the turkey in, thawed at this point. Fill it with water until the turkey is covered. Take it out and mark where your water level is. Dry the turkey really good. Next day fill peanut oil to your mark, heat it up , slowlylower the turkey in, 3 min a pound at 350 is what i do. Ive done it this way past 3 years with success. Ive injected with butter and creole spices, but plain butter seems to go over the best.

Get the pot a day before, throw the turkey in, thawed at this point. Fill it with water until the turkey is covered. Take it out and mark where your water level is. Dry the turkey really good. Next day fill peanut oil to your mark, heat it up , slowlylower the turkey in, 3 min a pound at 350 is what i do. Ive done it this way past 3 years with success. Ive injected with butter and creole spices, but plain butter seems to go over the best.

Great tutorial! Pretty much how I have done it but 4 mins/lb.
You can also use chicken broth as a base for your marinade injection my uncle says. Mix your spices of choice in the broth instead of butter/olive oil for a bit healthier choice. Me.... I like my butta :rock:

Man deep fried turkey is Texas born. You need to get the injector to inject the turkey. That's the key. Peanut oil too ;)
Your basic ingredients with an olive oil or butter base.

That's something I've never tried. Always the traditional rubbing the raw turkey down with salt (inside and out), then letting it sit like that in the fridge overnight. The next day I would wash off the salt and then rub with butter, olive oil and black pepper. Oh and inject with garlic butter. The salt would have already been absorbed into the turkey meat. Bake until golden.

Now deep frying, yeah, I would love to try that. Academy and other sports stores would be selling the propane deep fryers by now. Are you frying this year Scott? When you gonna come down to Houston Scott? Swing on by so we can cook up some good eats. Hell just come down for Thanksgiving bro.

Ok guys we are having Thanksgiving at my house this year for family and friends. I have never had a fried turkey and it is something I want to do.
I have watched videos so I think I'll be alright.
Are there any special trucks or awesome rubs or marinades I can't live without.
Ok go!!!
Thanks in advance

Special trucks?!?!? You need to get your mind on turkey Dom and off your 10..

That's something I've never tried. Always the traditional rubbing the raw turkey down with salt (inside and out), then letting it sit like that in the fridge overnight. The next day I would wash off the salt and then rub with butter, olive oil and black pepper. Oh and inject with garlic butter. The salt would have already been absorbed into the turkey meat. Bake until golden.

Now deep frying, yeah, I would love to try that. Academy and other sports stores would be selling the propane deep fryers by now. Are you frying this year Scott? When you gonna come down to Houston Scott? Swing on by so we can cook up some good eats. Hell just come down for Thanksgiving bro.

We're not sure yet. Likely going to GFs family and not sure if I'll get to partake in the cooking :(
I do need to get down soon and maybe have a winter GTG if weather allows. Pretty much sux this week though

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back