Did some dipping

05Silver10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to see what my wheels would look like if they were black so I decided to dip them since its can be removed easily. I am very impressed with how easy it is and how great it actually looks. I even had a guy at work ask me where I had my powder coating done. He was surprised to hear it was plastidip.:rock:

I like it! Now all I need is about a 2 inch drop in the rear and a cat back and I will be set!

Looking good brotha! I had a bad experience with it but it was GF jeep. I did fenders, running boards, door handles, mirrors cause they were grayed out. Well one trip off roading in the mud and rinsing at the carwash and that crap came right off. So now I have to spend $10 at the car wash blasting the rest off and paint those parts. On a street vehicle that gets hand washed it'll likely do ok. Doesn't quite peel of easy as they make it sound though. Especially on proud surfaces. :burnout:

I did mine around late summer/early fall, and so far its been holding up fine. Also did it on my car wheels. Both have held up well so far, even in one o the top worst winters in pa history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE the black rims with the silver paint, it's the best combination you can have. I'm thinking of doing my rims in the gunmetal gray, think it would look tough with the Inferno Red. Did you order the Wheel Kit from that site? Was 4 cans enough?

Last edited:
I LOVE the black rims with the silver paint, it's the best combination you can have. I'm thinking of doing my rims in the gunmetal gray, think it would look tough with the Inferno Red. Did you order the Wheel Kit from that site? Was 4 cans enough?

yes, I ordered the kit and 4 cans was more than enough. I used a full can on each wheel and it worked out great. Just start with a light dusting then apply heavier coats after that. I had a spot that looked like it would run but after it dried it was smooth. It is a little difficult to spray the spokes and get good coverage but take your time and you will do ok. I also sanded and painted the inner barrels of the wheels black to help with the brake dust accumulation. I love it!

I was also thinking gun metal, or maybe even a magnesium type powdercoat...Only bad thing about the inferno is no good contrast color...

And I also painted my barrels black right after I got the truck. I used wheel enamel and they are holding up perfectly!

021Finishedpaint.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back