Diff/Tranny Fluid and Spark Plugs??

TNVIPER said:
for the most part no...all parts are interchangable...only minor differences like valve cover vents in the back on 04s...front on the 05/06 models......QC engines have different bolt pattern for trans hookup...auto vs manual...

Minor other differences....05 got anti-knock sensor and harmonic balancers that actually stayed on. :p

TheMoparConnection said:
TRANS--I use the mopar synthetic manual trans fluid p/n 4874459 with 2 bottles of friction modifier (makes shifting much easier)

DIFF-- I use the mopar 75w-140 sythentic with 2 bottles friction modifier

Spark Plugs-- I use the factory Champion plugs p/n SP0RC12ECC

Is the friction modifier 4318060AB?

Does anybody know what ideal oil pressure should be at cold start, and by cold, I mean 50 degrees (California weather hehe) and fully warmed up idling?

When I start my truck cold, the oil pressure is at about 90. When it warms up, its a little above 25 and when warm idling its just above 50. Any cause for concern? Not sure what type of oil the previous owner used.

USMC11 said:
Does anybody know what ideal oil pressure should be at cold start, and by cold, I mean 50 degrees (California weather hehe) and fully warmed up idling?

When I start my truck cold, the oil pressure is at about 90. When it warms up, its a little above 25 and when warm idling its just above 50. Any cause for concern? Not sure what type of oil the previous owner used.
mine is never ever below 70

USMC11 said:

Mine is similar. Over 70 when cold or above idle. Over 25 at idle only.

USMC11 said:

Did you mean "a little above 50 and when warm idling its just above 25"?...that would be normal....

505'sFastestViper. said:
mine is never ever below 70

You don't count, you're different....:D :D :rock: :rock:

My, aka stocker... runs at 75 ish at start up, most temps and 25 ish at idle after warm up, @ 160 to 180 deg F.

TNVIPER said:
Did you mean "a little above 50 and when warm idling its just above 25"?...that would be normal....

:D I did mean that hehe

TheMoparConnection said:
TRANS--I use the mopar synthetic manual trans fluid p/n 4874459 with 2 bottles of friction modifier (makes shifting much easier)

DIFF-- I use the mopar 75w-140 sythentic with 2 bottles friction modifier

Spark Plugs-- I use the factory Champion plugs p/n SP0RC12ECC
Why the 75w-140 instead of the 75w-90 ?

Firefighter1864 said:
Why the 75w-140 instead of the 75w-90 ?

I called the dealership to ask them. They recommended 75w-140 instead of 90 as well.

USMC11 said:
also recommends 75w-85 for the trans;)

That is for warranty purposes...Chrysler wanted to quiet the trans to cut warranty claims...that was told to me by an SRT engineer.........using the 140 in the rear might slow the truck slightly...thicker oil is power robbing...but some go with it....that is fine...but I am sticking with the 75/90..just a IMO...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back