difference in blocks

505'sFastestViper.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is an 05 car block the same as a truck block????my buddy has an 05 block out of car and is wanting to put an automatic out of a truck in it let me know guys!!! thx in advance

everything that i have read - says they are the same engine

The 04's to mid 05's have the crank position sensor in different locations compared to the later 05's and 06's. The later 05 and 06 blocks have the sensor in the middle of the block.

i heard there is something about the dowell pins in them when going from a stick to and auto ,,the bell housings are a tad off ,,,:dontknow:

my current engine in my 05' rc is out of an 05' car. didnt have any issues with the swap

automatic blocks are not the same as a stick shift block,the dowel pin holes are slightly different as brad posted

I don't think the truck auto will fit under the car. It's a HUGE trans. He'd be better off doing the same adapters as you did but with a 4l80e computer controlled auto. Much smaller tranny that can be built stronger than the dodge 48re, and you know the adapter works.

Different dowell pins....when we pulled my engine I found a viper car block and realized that I could make it work with some machine work but decided to go back with another truck engine for ease of comfort!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back