Dipped the wheels again...

VenomTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold, boring weekend. Decided to re-dip the wheels for winter. Came out even better than last time. Spoiler is off, drying in the house. Dipped that too since all the paint was coming off. For any new ppl, plasti-dip is a spray on rubberized paint, kinda like bed liner. It peels off, and last a long time. Lots of people use this on their wheels.

Cold, boring weekend. Decided to re-dip the wheels for winter. Came out even better than last time. Spoiler is off, drying in the house. Dipped that too since all the paint was coming off. For any new ppl, plasti-dip is a spray on rubberized paint, kinda like bed liner. It peels off, and last a long time. Lots of people use this on their wheels.

so you just spray it on?? how long is a long time lasting? do you need to take the tires off to doe them? it looks goos id do it to my TBSS to see what black on black looks like. what about taking it off when i want to go back to chrome?? any damage or how easy to get off?

your turck looks bad ass by the way!

Looks great Chris.
It's an awesome product, if you need special colors let me know, I can beat internet pricing.

Attachments

• 1003577_177758389090432_1008133889_n.jpg
    1003577_177758389090432_1008133889_n.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 1466182_175562245976713_28175268_n.jpg
    1466182_175562245976713_28175268_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 581834_174138782785726_2127316617_n.jpg
    581834_174138782785726_2127316617_n.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 109
so you just spray it on?? how long is a long time lasting? do you need to take the tires off to doe them? it looks goos id do it to my TBSS to see what black on black looks like. what about taking it off when i want to go back to chrome?? any damage or how easy to get off?

Thanks, yea you just spray it on. You can get it in multiple colors at home depot or lowes in the spray paint section. You just clean your wheels off good and spray a bunch of light coats one until it creates a thick layer. Both time I did it with the wheels still on the truck. No damage to the chrome. Last time it lasted about a year, and when I was ready, I literally just peeled it off. Had to power wash a few spots, but for the most part it comes right off. I used about 5 cans this time. The thicker the layer, the easier it is to peel off.

Performix says it will last up to 3 years. It wont hurt anything and can be pealed off anytime you want. You need 1 can per wheel.

Looks great Chris.
It's an awesome product, if you need special colors let me know, I can beat internet pricing.

Thanks man, Id really like to do the whole truck in a matte white with gunmetal rims. And oreo SRT 10 badges. Like an arctic theme. Something different. Did you do those cars you posted?

Thanks, yea you just spray it on. You can get it in multiple colors at home depot or lowes in the spray paint section. You just clean your wheels off good and spray a bunch of light coats one until it creates a thick layer. Both time I did it with the wheels still on the truck. No damage to the chrome. Last time it lasted about a year, and when I was ready, I literally just peeled it off. Had to power wash a few spots, but for the most part it comes right off. I used about 5 cans this time. The thicker the layer, the easier it is to peel off.

damn that seems too easy, why have i never heard of this before..i think im going to try it out

damn that seems too easy, why have i never heard of this before..i think im going to try it out

I know. It seems too easy, but it really is THAT easy. The only thing is that if you leave your wheels on, cover your calipers with grocery bags, and make sure you put it in neutral and roll it back and forth in between coats to make sure you dont miss any spots.

I know. It seems too easy, but it really is THAT easy. The only thing is that if you leave your wheels on, cover your calipers with grocery bags, and make sure you put it in neutral and roll it back and forth in between coats to make sure you dont miss any spots.

That truck looks awesome!

This guy knows his stuff and thanks man, it's my Arctic themed winter truck lol

Thanks man, Id really like to do the whole truck in a matte white with gunmetal rims. And oreo SRT 10 badges. Like an arctic theme. Something different. Did you do those cars you posted?

Let me know when you want to do the whole truck, I'll drop ship you gallons of the stuff.

how well does the plastic dip work with maskin tape????

would like to do my spokes black & factory silver rim part

Calipers look awesome through those wheels, nice work.

how well does the plastic dip work with maskin tape????

would like to do my spokes black & factory silver rim part

We use the blue painters tape and when you go to peal the tape make sure the dip is wet, it will cut the line without pealing up the edge. We use 7-8 coats and on the last coat while still wet we peal the line. For the rims I would use a whole can on each rim and have a 5 and maybe 6th can to spry and peal while wet.

Attachments

• 20131108_193028.jpg
    20131108_193028.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 87
What about dipping a whole car to protect it from getting swirls in the paint and rock chips?

What about dipping a whole car to protect it from getting swirls in the paint and rock chips?

They do make a matte clear dip, I'm tempted to try it to give a car the "frozen" look which has become popular. There is also a Pearlizer, or you could go straight metalizer. Like on a black truck go with a gold or silver metalizer. There is also the glossifer that will give you a shiny clear.

Attachments

• color%20metalizers%20product.jpg
    color%20metalizers%20product.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back