Disappointing Dyno Run

So are you guyz saying that I should put the truck in Tow/Haul mode when I get on it???

I had my 06 QC dyno'd a few weeks ago and I pulled a 462.8hp and 546ft lbs. They had my tranny in tow/haul mode but then again it was in san diego and my truck was run after it had sat for a couple hours

KRAZYSRT10 said:
So are you guyz saying that I should put the truck in Tow/Haul mode when I get on it???

I always drop mine into T/H when I get it on it. It will downshift you so the engine is quicker to respond.

the a/f is way lean in the low to mid rpms. should be getting around 12 from 3K rpm through redline. Lots of power left on the table in those ranges in my unprofessional opinion.

tinygiants said:
I had my truck on the Dyno today. I was not really happy with the results. They seem a bit low to me, even for bone stock. I guess I need more mods.
I can top that:

Mine was 355hp /375 T. We did smell burning clutch during nthe pull. Lots of folks pointe out truck was still new and nothing is broken in. Mine is stock as well.

Well I pulled 396hp and 392tq....Only thing I have is the Stage II PCM. I'm really not impressed with the numbers though.:( I thought I would be running at around 440-450hp with the stage II. Oh well them's the brakes I guess...:2in1:

I was at the dealer service today to check out a squeak. (Of course it would not squeak while the tech was on a ride along :(.)

While there I asked about my dyno. They gave all kinds of opinions on what is "acceptable". Bottom line, if it does not act broken in a specific way, they are happy with it from a warranty perspective. As far as mods go, they acted like mods were cool and that they support the warranty with the exception of the modded part. So they will be cool with my exhaust job. The SC on the other hand may be a bit much to hope for.

House appraisal is Tuesday. It is almost time to finish paying ROE.

With all my Mods I only turned 444 HP yesterday and low 500 torque. With the spray 529 HP and 599 torque. I have the sheet at the house, I will scan and post later. I shot a video of the pulls.....damn it sounded nice. I was dissappionted by the #'s and I was not in T/H nor did they disconnect anything.

I hope to be close to 600 in the near future. It all depends on when I can install the SC.

Those numbers do seem low, but it all depends alot on how the dyno is set up too. Each one is going to be different. You could have driven to another dyno immediately after that one and put down completely different numbers.:dontknow:

tinygiants said:
House appraisal is Tuesday. It is almost time to finish paying ROE.

Now this man has the right attitude...sell everything to get a Roe Twin Screw Top Mount...:rock: :rock: :rock:

Many of you could learn a lot from this man!

Prof said:
Now this man has the right attitude...sell everything to get a Roe Twin Screw Top Mount...:rock: :rock: :rock:

Many of you could learn a lot from this man!

Boy Prof, you know how to look at things :)

The real plan was to sell everything, get the Roe, and become your yard boy and live on a cot in the garage.

Here is my back up plan with equity:
Pay off Truck
Pay off credit card
Pay off Roe
Put rest down on land
Borrow 150K and build new house (2 bed, 2 bath, unfinished basement, 3 CAR GARAGE - in the most economical trim possible)

L

Prof said:
Maybe the guy who ran the dyno owns an "L" and is just trying to get even?
The guy that did mine had a lightning sitting outside...Wonder if he juiced the results LOL

Perry

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back