Disappointing Dyno Run

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my truck on the Dyno today. I was not really happy with the results. They seem a bit low to me, even for bone stock. I guess I need more mods.

tinygiants said:
I had my truck on the Dyno today. I was not really happy with the results. They seem a bit low to me, even for bone stock. I guess I need more mods.
The good thing is you will be getting another base pull at Roe, So you can compare that with this one, But since your going with the top mount, Oh Mama.:D :rock: :rock:

j.R.

Qc's are so Choked up. Your right I'm disappointed too.
Get the stage 2 and you should be about 440 at the wheels.

I do not know if it is corrected or not.

I want the ROE SC, but Roe is on the wrong coast. My install will be done here.

tinygiants said:
I do not know if it is corrected or not.

I want the ROE SC, but Roe is on the wrong coast. My install will be done here.
I stand corrected. I know what your feeling on the dyno thing, As i just went through that myself. I was low pull at dyno day here in cali. More than one stock truck had higher #'s than me. We just have to move on i guess.:dontknow:

J.R.

Those seem low to me. A stock QC should be around 400-420 RWHP and 420 TRQ. What gear was this done in? Was the truck hot? Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
Those seem low to me. A stock QC should be around 400-420 RWHP and 420 TRQ. What gear was this done in? Was the truck hot? Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Smoke

Sounds about right. At 4500ft and about 85 degrees outside, mine pulled a 401/426....Thanks Phil

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Sounds about right. At 4500ft and about 85 degrees outside, mine pulled a 401/426....Thanks Phil

I didn't catch the altitude part. I'm guessing the dyno was not corrected for Alt.

Using that altitude, means my numbers are real close to what I got, correct?

tinygiants said:

Your HP/TQ results were similar to my stock numbers here in Calgary, Alberta.
Your A/F ratio was a little weird to me. Mine was 10.6 to 10.3 during every pull, which of course is quite rich and seems to be the norm for the stock trucks.

Anyway, all of this will be history once you get the twin-screw.

Ron

Be sure that you have the truck in Drive while in Tow/haul mode. Other than that I can't help.

FlyingLow said:
Be sure that you have the truck in Drive while in Tow/haul mode. Other than that I can't help.

Crap! I didn't even think to tell the guy that (I was there too).

I'll bet that explains some of this.

Maybe the guy who ran the dyno owns an "L" and is just trying to get even?

Prof said:
Maybe the guy who ran the dyno owns an "L" and is just trying to get even?
Will those L owners stop at nothing? :)
I never thought about the Tow/Haul setting. I guess I should have.

hey, i'm sure you saw my post, I did 3rd gear, tow/haul mode, and got the most power at 165degree oil temp. Had to let the truck cool down for about 15 mins to get that. Up at 190-200 oil temp I was running 400hp/420tq. My a/f was between 11.2 and 11.8 throughout the run with the stock pcm, magnaflow catback, K&N drop in and 40,000 miles.

Thanks for the info. I am hopeful to get a few mods done and give it another try.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back