Do I have a 2003 Dodge Ram SRT10 or not

Just for everyone's info, generally speaking, VIN #, first digit is the country of manufacture origin.

1 = USA
2 = Canada
3 = Mexico
J = Japan
W = Germany

After that it gets kind of muddy..

Check out this

Vehicle identification number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also found this

Position 1
The very first letter or number of the VIN tells you in what region of the world your vehicle was made. Match the letter or number below to the first number or letter of your VIN to find out in what region of the world your VIN was made.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H are made in Africa
J, K, L, M, N, P, and R are made Asia
S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z are made in Europe
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are made in North America
6 and 7 are made in Oceania
8 and 9 are made in South America

Not trying to hyjack this, just provide info

VPRRAM

$24,000. for a clone is not good. Hope the guy hasn't spent his money yet & hope it can be taken care of with the cops.

P.S. after this I went out to my 10 & checked all the numbers. I'm good & having a cold beverage.

I'm thinking stolen and swapped main VINs. Hopefully this doesn't go any further south than it has already.

he must have paid with cash or a healthy down payment.

no bank in their right mind would lend 24k on an 03 work truck... and that's entirely too much work for that to be a "swap"... i think we can all agree on that...

this is epic...

on a side note, if you'd like a clear title for a true 05 SRT-10, i know a guy;)

got the cash back

As you all may have learned, the truck was a stolen truck. Someone must have purchased a 2003 ram 1500 ST from the insurance auction (because the Carfax I ran on the Vin # shows it was flipped and had to be towed) for $600 bucks, slapped that door sticker and console vin number, and sold it to the guy I bought it from. All the other IDs on the truck had been removed.

the guy I bought it from was sick to his stomach, apologetic, and embarrassed. I felt bad for HIM.

He paid me back the cash. I am now without a SRT-10. (and by the way, it stated it had 22k miles), (but who know now if the miles were correct or just identical to the junkyard Ram).

CASE ClOSED

I've got a rebuit title ''real'' 04 I'd sell for half that price:D

Glad you got your money back man! Someone would have got bunched in the balls over that deal if not!:mad:

damm you got real lucky... sucks for the other guy, but wow... close call there..

you can thank all us genius vtcoa members now lol... we just saved ya 24k...

There's plenty of other trucks out there to be bought;) Don't sweat it man..

You can buy a low mileage truck for 24k pretty easily!:rock:

As you all may have learned, the truck was a stolen truck. Someone must have purchased a 2003 ram 1500 ST from the insurance auction (because the Carfax I ran on the Vin # shows it was flipped and had to be towed) for $600 bucks, slapped that door sticker and console vin number, and sold it to the guy I bought it from. All the other IDs on the truck had been removed.

the guy I bought it from was sick to his stomach, apologetic, and embarrassed. I felt bad for HIM.

He paid me back the cash. I am now without a SRT-10. (and by the way, it stated it had 22k miles), (but who know now if the miles were correct or just identical to the junkyard Ram).

CASE ClOSED

I have a truck for you if your interested. Pm or text call what ever 770 855 9624

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back