Do I need O2 sims?

moparracing said:
apparrently, i wasn't clear enough for you to understand....... :confused:

the sct tuner or having your pcm flashed turns off or ignores the signal from the back two o2 sensors.... @ that point, you can tie them to the frame, remove all together or install in your midpipe - it really doesn't matter.....

now, not everyone got the sct tuner or having your pcm flashed..... for that, most catless mids come with the mechanical sims (spark plug anti-foulers) ready for install into your back two midpipe 18mm holes, followed by your o2 sensors......
if you bought mids without mechanical sims (spark plug anti-foulers), i was showing how you could make your own very cheaply, by buying spark plug anti-foulers (4 pieces)........ drilling out 2 of them so the o2 sensor would fit into them & the other two would be spacers to effectively back the o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream & fool them into believing the cat's are still there..... very cheap way to beat the system & still look stock, before the sct was available..... i did mine this way for over a year without issues before i went the sct route (see post #2).....

if you still have any more q's, ask & i'll try to explain it to ya. :)
Thanks mate, my bad. I get how it works sorry and understand it, just not sure how you make your way work in terms of where you drill exactly and what needs to be done to the factory OEM 02 sensors. Drill one bit and leave the other and they remain in there. At this stage I will leave them in there as I think Seans tune is working as he sent my 3 tunes with the catless mids mod.

Thanks FlyingLow. :)

Carlwalski said:
Thanks mate, my bad. I get how it works sorry and understand it, just not sure how you make your way work in terms of where you drill exactly and what needs to be done to the factory OEM 02 sensors. Drill one bit and leave the other and they remain in there. At this stage I will leave them in there as I think Seans tune is working as he sent my 3 tunes with the catless mids mod.

Thanks FlyingLow. :)
you're right - you don't understand....... you don't do anything to the o2 sensor itself....... best stick with your original plan. ;)

moparracing said:
you're right - you don't understand....... you don't do anything to the o2 sensor itself....... best stick with your original plan. ;)
Correct, I don't and that's the reason I asked. We weren't born knowing. ;)
I will stick with the SCT which at this point in time is doing it's job. I'll await Seans confirmation.

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back