DOD personnel not getting Paid

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't be more disappointed and upset with the way our country is being maintained right now...and I used maintained lightly we should be doing better not worst. Spreading our country so thin has finally caught us to the point that we can't pay our own personnel. I find it bullsh1t that we live, fight and die for our country yet our country wont do the same for us. what happened to "We the People". Whats it going to take. I got an Idea. All them fat whales in congress, high paid judges, representatives etc (whatever they are) that are receiving these ridiculous salaries, bonus etc. How about we start budget cutting there. This is the last thing that myself and follow brothers in arms beside me need to worry about deployed down range. This will be my third deployment...I have no complaints with deploying and fighting for my country regardless of my views on where and what the fight is for. My loyalties are in the my country...they point the finger and I go. But with all of this point and jumping through hoops for this country in the efforts to support the cause...my county can't even support me! Maybe our priorities are somewhat altered. And by somewhat I mean severely. When was the last time the middle ease, Asia, etc helped us during a national disaster. Were their ships anchored outside new orleans during Katrina. Hell No. So why the F are we. How be we focus on Family and home soil first then we focus on allied "friends"! I'm So pissed right now! This is my last tour. I'm done!

I see where your coming from. The state of our goverment is pathetic. The thing I noticed today is that Congress and the President still get paid because they passed a different law to cover themselves while the rest of federal employees and military have there pay covered under a different law. They cover there own asses and shit on everyone else. We need to get them ALL out of office in the next election. Buy the way try and watch the interview on the Today program yesterday with Donald Trump. I like his attitude and someone like him may do wonders in Washington.

I was thinking of running for president in 2012. My first order of business will be to make all members of Congress work for minimum wage. Supreme Court Justices? Minimum wage. Senators? Governors? Free. And then a simple 401k and pension plan for when they retire. Then their current saleries will be distributed among military personnel, public servants and their families.

From my perspective I see America from the outside. I must say I am ashamed at my country since news like that reaches all places in the world I normally go to. It was in the Norwegian newspaper yesterday. I saw it, it was right there in black and white. Then of course the indigenous people (of whatever country) turn to me and ask embarrassing questions that I try to shy away from. Powerful civilizations like Rome, Egypt, and Constantinople lasted over 1,000 years each. Yet here we are, a nation that's only coming up on 235 years old and it already looks like America is going to Hell in a hand-basket.

Government services affected by a possible shutdown

Essential vs. Non-Essential Government personnel. As we all know, the government can’t completely shut down – too much of our day to day lives rely on government support. For example, the airlines require Air Traffic Controllers and TSA to keep the airlines going. We also need to think about our national defense and other safety issues. Keeping this in mind, the government is planning on breaking people into two distinct groups – essential and non-essential personnel. The difference is that essential personnel will continue working during a government shut down, even though they will not receive their paycheck until the government resumes operations. Non-essential personnel will receive a non-paid furlough until the spending bill is passed. Unfortunately, no one has officially designated who is included in each group of workers, and some estimates place the non-essential personnel at close to 800,000 people. There is a possibility that government workers placed on a non-paid furlough could receive back pay after the fact, but Congress would have to make a special approval for this to happen.

Military pay and benefits. Military members won’t get paid. This is a departure from the last major government shutdown, which occurred in 1995, during which military members continued to work and get paid. Military members get paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month, and would still receive their paycheck on the 15th, but if the government shuts down on the 8th, as is a possibility, then military members would only receive their paycheck for money earned through the 8th of the month. Servicemembers would still be required to work because their services are required for national defense, and they would receive back pay for any pay and benefits they did not receive during the government shutdown.

Federal taxes. This is an interesting situation, but basically it boils down to this: The IRS would stop processing paper returns and stop sending refunds by paper check. The IRS would continue to process returns filed electronically, and would likely continue sending electronic refunds. Other IRS activities potentially on the chopping block: audits, IRS help desk and tax payer hotline. Here is more about possible impacts of a government shutdown on taxes.

What about Social Security? The last time the US government shut down, they continued paying Social Security benefits, and they should continue to do so if another shut down occurs because Social Security benefits are paid out of the Social Security Trust Fund, which does not need annual budgetary approvals.

Additional government services and how they may be affected:

* US Postal Service would remain open because they are a self-funded government operation.
* The Federal Court System has contingency funds which will last up to 2 weeks, after which operations may be affected.
* Essential financial services and banking offices will remain open.
* Law enforcement will continue operations
* National Institutes of Health will stop clinical trials.
* National parks, museums, and monuments would close.
* Mortgages will not be processed by the FHA.
* Passports will not be processed.
* Small Business Administration will not process loans for small companies.

Let’s all hope this is just political posturing and a last minute budget deal is reached before government employees are furloughed and some people are left without paychecks.

I was thinking of running for president in 2012. My first order of business will be to make all members of Congress work for minimum wage. Supreme Court Justices? Minimum wage. Senators? Governors? Free. And then a simple 401k and pension plan for when they retire. Then their current saleries will be distributed among military personnel, public servants and their families.

From my perspective I see America from the outside. I must say I am ashamed at my country since news like that reaches all places in the world I normally go to. It was in the Norwegian newspaper yesterday. I saw it, it was right there in black and white. Then of course the indigenous people (of whatever country) turn to me and ask embarrassing questions that I try to shy away from. Powerful civilizations like Rome, Egypt, and Constantinople lasted over 1,000 years each. Yet here we are, a nation that's only coming up on 235 years old and it already looks like America is going to Hell in a hand-basket.

The United States has GONE TO HELL ,, I'm hoping that AMERICA ( Basically the PEOPLE will start standing up for what AMERICA started out to be...FOR THE PEOPLE !!!!! I have been telling people to vote for me for years.... JIM for Dictator,,,, I will remove the big money perks, pay checks from politics and special interests would be gone. The big interests and corps. that want to do Business with foreign countries would be closed and all assets personal and business would given back to the people to build the manufacturing base of AMERICA and bring it back to a self sufficient Country again ...The politicians are civil servants not kings and queens.

The United States has GONE TO HELL ,, I'm hoping that AMERICA ( Basically the PEOPLE will start standing up for what AMERICA started out to be...FOR THE PEOPLE !!!!! I have been telling people to vote for me for years.... JIM for Dictator,,,, I will remove the big money perks, pay checks from politics and special interests would be gone. The big interests and corps. that want to do Business with foreign countries would be closed and all assets personal and business would given back to the people to build the manufacturing base of AMERICA and bring it back to a self sufficient Country again ...The politicians are civil servants not kings and queens.

Civil servants that are :dontknow:as crooked as a roach leg.

Civil servants that are :dontknow:as crooked as a roach leg.

You got that Right.....All the more reason to remove them from office and confiscate all their assets and return them to AMERICA for the people..
Check into the new Gov. of Florida ( Rick Scott) ---People already want him out... A crook that bought ( He paid a fine) his way out major federal criminal problems but got to keep most of what he stole and use it to get elected for FL. Gov. I could go on and on about this f but It'raised my stress level at the moment and I need to relax for a minute or 2 LOL.

I see where your coming from. The state of our goverment is pathetic. The thing I noticed today is that Congress and the President still get paid because they passed a different law to cover themselves while the rest of federal employees and military have there pay covered under a different law. They cover there own asses and shit on everyone else. We need to get them ALL out of office in the next election. Buy the way try and watch the interview on the Today program yesterday with Donald Trump. I like his attitude and someone like him may do wonders in Washington.

Thats exactly what this country needs for a while. Is someone to run it like a business. Businesses don't survive losing money. nor do they survive ensuring everyone else's does!

I bet I get paid next friday.......

I'm sure we will get paid...the problem is what happens when we go even a full period without pay. Or two. How will we function? There will be no order, discipline or standards...bad combination for people responsible for ensuring the nation is protection/welfare!

The american people need to overturn and fight the goverment.

As far as alot of people thinking they will get paid, sorry but I was talking with some big wigs of the HLS and even me being working still, I won't get a check for a few weeks.

I truly hope that they are wrong cause this will fuk me with bills.

if there is a freeze in work and alot of workers have been sent home already intill notice.

So who is there to process your paychecks??? or who can process you TSP loans ??? noone cause the offices are empty.

yesterday the FBI sent their people home at 2:00pm it is a shame.

Our own goverment is fucking our country up, it's kinda like they want to destroy america or something.

YEP!!! Today they brought all soldier in to see who would need AER loans. i know AER isn't gov funded but its still robbing peter to pay paul!

Screw the military they're just a bunch of poor uneducated folk with no where else to go.

Hey Zcolling Eat a D1ck! Guarantee you wouldn't say anything to my face...You got them computer muscles hiding behind!

Wow dooche bag maybe I need to be a little more specific with my sarcasm next time for the slower ones in the group I'm a marine u idiot and I wouldn't have a problem saying shit to your face my name is Zachary Andrew Collins from San Diego California stationed in camp lejeune 0311 infantry u can come see my muscles in real life whenever you would like I'm in Kuwait right now at camp udairi airfield have an awesome day

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back