dodge ram GTX

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have seen this orange dodge ram GTX for years now, always wanted to race him with my 05 qc, but never got the chance becouse the guy is always goin the other direction or i would get stoped by lights or something.

His "nephew" who works at Sonic (and who is the douche that once asked me if i put the srt10 emblems on my 1500), told me he had that thing bored over, blablablah, and ran in the low 12's

so finnaly today i got my 10 out and see the guy parked in an empty lot. he just happen to be at the ATM, cuz i saw a couple hundred dollars in his hand.

so i tell him. nice truck, love the color, and start asking some more questions to get the truth out about what really lurked under his hood.

he tells me he has had it for years, but the previous owner did all the modding. he just took out the 4.56 gears, but it runs 12.3, and he has slips to prove it. he also tells me he is around 400hp at the tire and the truck weighs 2ton. i told him that is suprizing.

this whole conversation took about 15 min, and the guy kept making me think more and more that he did not know what the shit he was talking about. nothing added up to what he was saying. so i have him pop the hood.....right after he told me he has some special headers. Gibsons...not long tube, not shorties, but some special kind.

it is amazing how thise gibson special headers look. they must be so speccial cuz they add all this hp, yet still have the factory look and rusty ass shield on to fool people.

all i see is a crappy dirty CAI that looks like shit. so i say. "u want to humor me and run'em?...i know a place in the country with prestine clean blacktop that we will never get caught" (i have my class A and cant get in trouble).

i tell him i will race him for all the cash in his hand. quik couple hundred dollars, cus i knoiw my truck would not run 12.3, and it is a six speed. should be a guarenteed win for him

so he whines to me how his wife is in the car and she wont allow it and blah blah blah. so i get his number, and we will race soon. while leaving the parking lot he floors it and is atleast 4 truck lengths ahead of me by the time i` leave the lot, and i passed him at the end of 3rd gear.

What a douche. when a guy that knows so little about engines (me) can bust you out on practically everything u say about ur "12 sec truck". you should not be out lying about shit.

after i passed him we got to a red light with both of us first in line, and he went so slow that he would not even get within 40 feet of it for fear of looking so stupid im guessin. then i stayed in first gear for a while to let him catch u[p and he wouldnt come close. so i smoked the tires off and blew my rubber off the tires all over him.

What a douche

anyone know what a stock one of these will run. cuz im pretty sure this thing is stock.

gtx is just a 5.7 hemi, he probably couldn't run under 14

close to 15 second truck, nothing special about them other than paint.

I had an 04 rumble bee. Headers tuned blah blah. Everythibg but forced induction. Lets just say. My old truck even with a supercharger couldnt hang with a srt. My new truck blows my old truck away. I hit 100 without trying. My old truck id have to wait and wait for a 100 to hit... Race him for pink slips. Youll get a nice daily driver if you can put up with the slowness. Hahahahaha

yup a GTX aint crap and he aint anything close to 400rwhp with a stock 5.7! He has to have at least a 392 with new hemi P/P heads, big cam, blah blah blah......

Everywhere I go, there's always somebody to ask about my hemi truck. I just tell them mine don't have a hemi and then they look depressed like I lost out or something.

but he's got the special headers!

Right??? thats what i think gave him that 400+hp. special headers. i think that guy was the special one.

I had an 04 rumble bee. Headers tuned blah blah. Everythibg but forced induction. Lets just say. My old truck even with a supercharger couldnt hang with a srt. My new truck blows my old truck away. I hit 100 without trying. My old truck id have to wait and wait for a 100 to hit... Race him for pink slips. Youll get a nice daily driver if you can put up with the slowness. Hahahahaha

hells yeah,,, never look back. funny thing is i was hopping to find a rumble bee when i got my first srt 10. my neighbor had a black with yellow one. looked pretty sweet. only one i could find was the white one tho. glad i moved on.

he wouldnt race me for the money in his hand. i think i might have to tag him along for a while to make a payday that is worth it. that is if he even answers his phone. alredy called twice and he sent me too voicmail once. bwahahahahahah, what a tool

yup a GTX aint crap and he aint anything close to 400rwhp with a stock 5.7! He has to have at least a 392 with new hemi P/P heads, big cam, blah blah blah......

thats what i was thinkin buddy. if i had ur truck i might could reel him in, then blow his freakin doors off. then he would really look stupid, could u imagine leavin his ass behind by 20 lengths in ur big ass QC. good shit

Everywhere I go, there's always somebody to ask about my hemi truck. I just tell them mine don't have a hemi and then they look depressed like I lost out or something.

i did that too my cousin. then gave him a ride. u should of seen his face. "no hemi....jesus christ, what is in this thing???" hahahaha

dude, geo...you are one funny storyteller. not that i don't believe you, it's just the way you word it. be careful, the "X" after the GT adds an extra umph and bout 75 extra horses......hahahaha, that idiot was foolish.

dude, geo...you are one funny storyteller. not that i don't believe you, it's just the way you word it. be careful, the "X" after the GT adds an extra umph and bout 75 extra horses......hahahaha, that idiot was foolish.

Yeah, true story bro. i wish i would have called my work phone and recorded the whole conversation on my voicmail. dude was a schmuck. i have tried to call him 3 times noww. still no answer. but now my bros buddy wants to race me with his 06 Goat, LTH and full true duel exhaust. P/P TB, and intake with an agresive Cam. say he wont spray and he will keep off TC. im still 99% sure im gunna lose. should be fun tho.

yeah, might be a good race but he should pull it off due to the weight/power ratio....

yeah, thats what im thinkin, less he totally jacks his launch and/or 3rd gear shift. but im guessin i will need at least another 100hp over him tomake up for the weight. and im sure he is pushin more than 300rwhp, he wont tellme what it dynoes at, but im sure its got to be close to 400, maybe more. maybe i should just kick him in the nuts and call it a day

nah, race him and know that your heavy truck didn't get embarrassed and THEN kick him in the nutz.

just my opinion but those GTO's are really rice rockets, with an American legendary name but looking like that Australian Holden.

the gtx wont beat the srt but it is not a normal hemi either. they have a mopar ecu, weird one off factory headers/manifolds, a mopar cam and true dual exhaust. the intake you saw was stock. they have factory tinted windows, a cowl hood, a tonneau cover, stitching on the seats and other odds and ends. they came in purple or lime green only. 400 hp out of a hemi is NOTHING. they have 365 stock. 35 hp from a ecu dual exhaust and a intake is not that far fetched. the 400hp rating is from dodge at the crank just like the 500 is on the srt. he wasnt full of shit i dont think on anything but the 1/4 mile time.

He said 400 HP to the ground. And the Hemi was 345hp at the crank. I know,I had one. And I had spray, exhaust, and CAI, and still got my ass handed to me by a stock 10! Thats why I traded up! and they come in orange too...

the gtx wont beat the srt but it is not a normal hemi either. they have a mopar ecu, weird one off factory headers/manifolds, a mopar cam and true dual exhaust. the intake you saw was stock. they have factory tinted windows, a cowl hood, a tonneau cover, stitching on the seats and other odds and ends. they came in purple or lime green only. 400 hp out of a hemi is NOTHING. they have 365 stock. 35 hp from a ecu dual exhaust and a intake is not that far fetched. the 400hp rating is from dodge at the crank just like the 500 is on the srt. he wasnt full of shit i dont think on anything but the 1/4 mile time.

no Sir, its a NORMAL 5.7l HEMI, they came in 5 colors the two you stated and Hemi orange and top Banana,and Cool Vanilla

here is the run down from LA west, the folks that built them......
Directly from LA West for 2004:
211 Orange
97 Sublime
72 Plum Crazy
53 Banana Yellow
433 TOTAL

Note: Quad Cabs were built in two colors only: Orange & Sublime.

Approx. the same amounts were built in 2005.

From the web:
They did make them in 04-05! The 04 had Hemi GTX on them and came in RC only 430 units made and the 05 where GTX Extreme RC/QC with a new color (Vanilla White) the (Yellow was dropped) 430 units made (only 32 QC made in 05)

From the web:
The GTX packages adds the following: exclusive exterior paint, custom stamped steel cowl hood, unique "Hemi GTX" hood paint design, grill surround painted body color, front fascia/air dam with driving lights, custom chrome 20" GTX wheels, Goodyear Eagle GTII tires, catback dual exhaust system with bright stainless steel chrome tips, unique "Hemi GTX" graphics design, "Hemi GTX" badging, painted tail light covers, "Hemi GTX" custom leather steering wheel, two-tone leather seats with "Hemi GTX" logo embroidery, window tint.

no performance up grades other than exhaust. the are 15 sec. trucks in the 1/4 mile same as any other HEMI RAM

just my opinion but those GTO's are really rice rockets, with an American legendary name but looking like that Australian Holden.
Typically Rice rockets are front wheel drive, The GTO is a nice car...I know because I own one...a 2006 6-speed.

yeah, he said over 400 to the tires, his truck was orange, and i dont know about the "headers", but the oem manufold on our trucks are longer than his tiny little tubes. and i could not even hear the exhaust at idol. very quiet

plus, he pulled out of the parking lot and i was way behind. i cought up and pssed him with ease. and he said the truck weights 4000lbs, no way thiat is right

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back