Does anyone here own a "ScanGuage"....

What reading do you need to compare? I can read all my OBDII sensors.

Yes. I have a couple of scanners too. What do you need?

I bet you are looking at TPS.

I need to know what the ScanGuage reads for throttle position sensor (TPS) at idle. I am having a slight lean out on tip in and I am trying to run down the problem. I cant remember for sure but I thought the scan did read zero at idle?...reads 13 now...just wanted to compare....thanks for the help guys..

Bone said:
Yes. I have a couple of scanners too. What do you need?

I bet you are looking at TPS.

as in its supposed to read 75% WOT?????

TNVIPER said:
I need to know what the ScanGuage reads for throttle position sensor (TPS) at idle. I am having a slight lean out on tip in and I am trying to run down the problem. I cant remember for sure but I thought the scan did read zero at idle?...reads 13 now...just wanted to compare....thanks for the help guys..

I think around 11 is correct, so 13 is fine.

11-78 as I remember. I used another scanner to confirm. Why not 1-100, who knows?

My hemi is the same way.

Mine reads 14% at idle. On the floor, it reads 78%.

WOT said:
Mine reads 14% at idle. On the floor, it reads 78%.

Looks like my TPS is fine....anyone got ideas why if I let off the gas and coast the A/F goes to 12.X...not that 12.0 is abnormal......if I just barely touch the gas A/F instantly goes to 17+ for a couple seconds....going wot does not cause it to lean...just getting back in the throttle normally....just started this a few months ago..

Odd thing is the my dealer put it on the StarScan and found the MAP sensor had no voltage...inspection found a wire had broke....didnt help though once it was fixed....I am also wondering why it didnt light up the CEL..:dontknow:

Did you try this?

For all 2004-2006 SRT-10 Ram trucks with a Roe Racing supercharger kit. This procedure must be followed if the battery is ever disconnected or drained to the point of the truck not starting.

1. Disconnect all three PCM connectors for about 10 minutes. By doing this, you are erasing the PCM adaptive memory. The PCM is located on the firewall directly above and behind the passenger side front wheel.

2. Disconnect the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the driver’s side of the throttle body. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

3. Disconnect the IAC (idle air control motor) on the air plenum located on the passenger side directly behind the air filter. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

4. With the PCM disconnected, make sure the throttle cable and throttle linkage is adjusted properly for wide-open throttle. The driver’s floor mat should be removed as it can inhibit accelerator pedal travel.

5. After wide-open throttle is verified or adjusted, reconnect the PCM, TPS and IAC connectors after 10 minutes has elapsed from the start of this procedure.

6. Turn the key to the "on" position, but DO NOT start the engine.

7. With the drivers floor mat out of the truck, slowly press the accelerator to full throttle, then repeat. By doing this, you are showing the TPS (throttle position sensor) full throttle. Without this information in the PCM, it will not correctly calculate how to make the engine run properly.

8. Turn the key off then start the truck without touching the accelerator.

9. Let the engine idle for approximately 2-3 minutes.

10. After idling, drive easy, then progressively harder over the course of about 10-20 minutes.

11. The truck will drive differently during the first 20-40 miles because the PCM is learning the new adaptives.

To get the signal for the A/F gauge, tap into one of the wires coming from the O2 sensor going to the VEC3.

http://www.roeracing.com/

I've got my Scan gauge plugged in now. Will check my reading in the AM when I head out. We've been in the 90's here last few days and my air intake temps are pretty consistent at +25 to 30F above ambient. It only gets worse as we get consistently over 100F. Really need to deal with this soon....

TNVIPER said:
Looks like my TPS is fine....anyone got ideas why if I let off the gas and coast the A/F goes to 12.X...not that 12.0 is abnormal......if I just barely touch the gas A/F instantly goes to 17+ for a couple seconds....going wot does not cause it to lean...just getting back in the throttle normally....just started this a few months ago..

Odd thing is the my dealer put it on the StarScan and found the MAP sensor had no voltage...inspection found a wire had broke....didnt help though once it was fixed....I am also wondering why it didnt light up the CEL..:dontknow:

How do you know your AFR is going to 12.X? Do you have a wideband installed?

TNVIPER said:

i dont have a ROE but my a/f numbers are Crazy, when driving around town there between - 13.2 and 17 bouncing all around at WOT it 12.2 to 12.9 sometimes at WOT it 13 13.2 at top end

WOT said:
How do you know your AFR is going to 12.X? Do you have a wideband installed?

i dont have a ROE but my a/f numbers are Crazy, when driving around town there between - 13.2 and 17 bouncing all around at WOT it 12.2 to 12.9 sometimes at WOT it 13 13.2 at top end

Yep, wideband...

Normal driving mine jump from 14.X to 15.X...occassionally may bump 16-17....but this is normal.......my problem is it goes off the scale lean if I coast in gear then just hit the gas, not WOT but like starting up a hill...stays at 17+ for maybe 2 seconds then jumps back to where it should be....does this from idle too..

Mine goes full lean at speed when I get off the gas but as soon as I get on it, it reads between the normal range.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back