Does anyone know?

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its bad to drive our truck with the rear o2's off and one of the front o2's not working. Specifically the passenger side. Will it run too rich due to the fact that the PCM is getting no reading and thinking it needs to dump more fuel or will it default and give fuel according to rpm? Thanks for input.

Eventually it should default into limp home mode and overfuel. Until then just drive it! Did you get the twins back on there? I think the O2 sensors are all the same. Just swap them back to front on the passenger side. See if the cel goes out

Last edited:
Eventually it should default into limp home mode and overfuel. Until then just drive it! Did you get the twins back on there? I think the O2 sensors are all the same. Just swap them back to front on the passenger side. See if the cel goes out

No I haven't put them on yet. I tried swapping and didn't work. I think its the pigtail that connects from the harness to the o2 that may have a problem

I've been driving it for a while a never gone into limp mode. Think having one of Torries 93 tunes has something to do with it?

I'm mean by having his tune it doesn't go into limp mode.

torrie's tune or not it will go into limp mode if the sensors are fubar. If it runs good and doesn't use excessive fuel , i would just drive it. sooner or later it will change . better or worse. You are probably correct , it is just a poor connection . Is it a PO153 code? My hemi jeep GC throws that one all the time until i pulled on the wires and tried to change the sensor. the entire exhaust has to be removed to get at the O2 sensor plug!!! i just pulled on it slightly a number of times and it hasn't come back. erase the codes when you wiggle the wires. if the wires are bad a little pull will show you where. lol

I am assuming it is not overfueling it is just thowing a O2 code. But runs ok?

I am assuming it is not overfueling it is just thowing a O2 code. But runs ok?

Yeah runs good but you definitely smell its running rich. Also like you said... I'm gonna have to remove the exhaust to be able to reach up above the tranny housing to check where the pig tail connects to the harness there cause I've checked everywhere else.

Resolved?

Did you ever get this one resolved? I'm dealling with the same issue right now and not sure what to try next besides a trip to the dealership. I'm suspecting limp mode because the truck bogs way down (like too much fuel) when trying to accelerate. Thanks.

Did you ever get this one resolved? I'm dealling with the same issue right now and not sure what to try next besides a trip to the dealership. I'm suspecting limp mode because the truck bogs way down (like too much fuel) when trying to accelerate. Thanks.
The OP's situation was non-typical because his truck is boosted. What mods are on your truck?

It ended up being a pin that got pushed out of the connector. He fixed the pin. all good now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back