DOES THIS TRUCK BELONG TO ANYONE HERE??

Wow, I love the look of the drop..almost photoshopped, but its real! Not practical, but nice to look at :D

its not a waste at all! I have a ton of friends with trucks built like that and the one thing they are all missing is a fast engine!

i like it but you are right it is not a vca. its too dark of a blue and they didnt paint the stipes over the grills on the vca trucks. i like it thou

What a waste. :eek:

To drive this vehicle and not take advantage of its power and handling is pure blasphemy IMHO. :(

To each his own I guess.:dontknow:

* The blue paint does look good though. :D

you'd be amazed at how well a truck on bags handles. i built a chevy 1500 and it takes corners faster than the srt. on the straights i kill him but with the 4 link i'll bet it coulod be killer at the track also. lets see, raise the front up all the way, lower the rear about 3-4 inches and put some 17" drag slicks on it and it should hook real well.

Why not just put the engine in the bed?..mid engine Viper truck?..wonder if its possible?..maybe with a QC..oh..wait..how about adding a 2nd motor in the bed, sorta like them tractor pull guys...lol

I love it... but I hate the drop, everything else is beautiful.... I hate slammed trucks.... but the reason I still love it is because one could still drive it at a reasonable height with air bags........

but this brings up a question that often eats at my brain.... why the hell are slammed trucks so .... popular? Are they even popular? Its just that I see the mags with nothing but slammed trucks and awards given to them at car shows... they irk me....

Azmal said:
but this brings up a question that often eats at my brain.... why the hell are slammed trucks so .... popular? Are they even popular? Its just that I see the mags with nothing but slammed trucks and awards given to them at car shows... they irk me....

Ditto dude!!!

Like vipertruck2933 said, you gotta drive it man, use that power. Whats 26 inch wheels gonna do to your power? Cant be good! Paint color is nice but slammed to the ground is attractive to me as a hemroid.....no thanks.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
What a waste of a viper engine.

What's the difference that an SRT-10 was used as the platform.....:dontknow: You obviously haven't seen any bagged/dropped street rods with NASTY motors.

To each his own is right.... It's a bad motherfu**er IMHO........:rock:

Guys, please, stop all the nonsense. That is one friggin badass truck. If the lowering and bagging was done right, which I assume it is. This guy has layed out and detailed all the stuff he has done to this truck, do you think he skimped somewhere? Anyway, I digress, if he did things the right way(correct geometry,etc) this truck should sit a few inches lower than a stock truck when fully lifted on the bags. It should ride and handle far superior to a factory truck, and the 26s should give it better traction at a stoplight. So, what's not to like? OK, if you don't like the look of a lowered truck, that's cool, but I guarantee this pig can drive better and turn corners faster than a stock truck any day. If you have never ridden in or driven a truck lowered on bags, then you simply don't know what you are missing. Saying the lowering ruins the drivablility and HP potential of this truck is complete nonsense. Bagged trucks ride way smoother and cut corners way better than their factory counterparts.
FWIW, I don't care for the blue and white interior, but everything else is top-notch.

Greg

Watts

Stanimal said:
you'd be amazed at how well a truck on bags handles. i built a chevy 1500 and it takes corners faster than the srt. on the straights i kill him but with the 4 link i'll bet it coulod be killer at the track also. lets see, raise the front up all the way, lower the rear about 3-4 inches and put some 17" drag slicks on it and it should hook real well.

Noticed that it is equipped with a Watts Linkage, that is what everyone needs instead of an afterthought sway bar if you want flat cornering:D

Ok being a custom guy I like it and dislike it . The carpet sucks ,,,just doesnt turn me on . Now as for the bagged part , I bag prob about 70% of the cars we build so I got no problem there if done right . Now my .02 is it was bagged for show not handling and there I got a problem . The second red flag is it lays ,bad news if you ever blow a bag, line,fitting at anything but a roll and not safe to boot ,,low is low but laid out is BS and not safe for driving and we have done a few since 96' and were also the first Airride dealer in Tx . Then he said polished copper line ,well thats great if they used commpression fittings ,but we had to redo a whole system on a Yukon since someone used copper with the DOT air line fittings and that dont work worth a shit unless you like the snake sound from under the truck :D
I also notice he never shows the truck UP and no pix of the hacked up engine compartment or what had to be done to the inside of the bed to lay !!!!!!!!
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
Ok being a custom guy I like it and dislike it . The carpet sucks ,,,just doesnt turn me on . Now as for the bagged part , I bag prob about 70% of the cars we build so I got no problem there if done right . Now my .02 is it was bagged for show not handling and there I got a problem . The second red flag is it lays ,bad news if you ever blow a bag, line,fitting at anything but a roll and not safe to boot ,,low is low but laid out is BS and not safe for driving and we have done a few since 96' and were also the first Airride dealer in Tx . Then he said polished copper line ,well thats great if they used commpression fittings ,but we had to redo a whole system on a Yukon since someone used copper with the DOT air line fittings and that dont work worth a shit unless you like the snake sound from under the truck :D
I also notice he never shows the truck UP and no pix of the hacked up engine compartment or what had to be done to the inside of the bed to lay !!!!!!!!
Have A Kind Day
Mike
I emailed him to put up pics of the underside and engine. Wifey is looking for the magazine to post pics if he dosen't:D :D :D

It is in one of the latest truck magazines. I forget which one. Pretty interesting but not for me.

In the article sidenote they somehow snap the driveshaft tying to do a burnout. They didn't mention too many engine upgrades so I don't see how you could snap the driveshaft with pretty much stock engine. They made it seem like the 26's grip SOOO much better that they couldn't break them loose. I find that hard to believe. I think somebody forgot to take off the parking break? They were trying to get it for a smokey shot. So who knows.

SHU

slow91 said:
What's the difference that an SRT-10 was used as the platform.....:dontknow: You obviously haven't seen any bagged/dropped street rods with NASTY motors.

To each his own is right.... It's a bad motherfu**er IMHO........:rock:

You are correct, to each his own. My lame opinion is: 26 inch wheels gotta weigh more and their larger diameter would slow the trucks movement......therefore why use a viper motor. You could start with a hemi RC and save $20k right off the top. Selling price is $40k, how much did he invest into all his mods? He spent $30k just to get it to lay properly with the 26's. If he bought the truck in 04 he would have paid close to sticker $45k give or take. He could have $85k+ in this truck and he's selling it for $40k. Seems silly to me.

patrick

As far as the handling and performance being equal or better than stock, I sincerely doubt it?

How many laid out dragging trucks have you seen carving up a road course or burning up the 1/4 mile drag strip. I can tell you how many I've seen...........ZERO.:)

ViperTruck2933 said:
As far as the handling and performance being equal or better than stock, I sincerely doubt it?

How many laid out dragging trucks have you seen carving up a road course or burning up the 1/4 mile drag strip. I can tell you how many I've seen...........ZERO.:)

I agree that you don't see them, but that is not because they don't work, it's because most people put their money into one or the other, not both. The check book only carries so far. Take a look at any of the guys with huge bank rolls, or sponsor backed serious drag or road race cars. They are all sitting as close to the ground as they possibly can. Look how close a factory backed LeMans Vette sits to the ground. Or the prototype cars that have basicly no rules to follow in that regard. They are all about an inch to two inches from the ground depending on how they have it set up for a particular track. These guys get as low as the rules and track conditions will allow. Now, as for drag cars...don't even get me started on how many big bucks 6, 7, and 8-second drag cars are laying an inch from the ground. Just because you don't see it too often, doesn't mean it isn't optimal. Guys just need to choose because their pockets aren't as deep as most. Most would rather spend $20k+ on a motor than $20k+ on sitting in the weeds. The guys that have enough to do both, usually do...why? Because lower is faster...period!:) :)

Greg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back