doesn't someone here own a ducati monster?

DSCF0690.jpg

DSCF1100-1.jpg

Last edited:
They are "different" sounding when you add the open clutch cover :p

Last edited:
Ducati : Monster - eBay (item 280645804736 end time Mar-24-11 20:43:10 PDT)

What say you?

I would rather have an s4r but this is probably just for the summer... I'm looking at a few cbr's, gsx-r's, ninja's, and r6/r1's but I have a love affair with monsters... And duc's in general...

I can't tell if it's just a little dirty or rusty in some places???

Join up to Ducati Monster Forum and Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum there are some good bikes on there for sale for the same price and 10x cleaner with tons of custom parts and similar price's ...

So I would say pass on this one on ebay looks like its been beat to hell..

Skip all that jap crap you wont be happy with it if your a Ducati guy...

I love a sexy duc as much as the next guy... But, have you ever considered a buell?

zs3example2.jpg

Yeah that cafe racer style I really like... Kawasaki makes a z1000 I think? that's very cafe style... But I keep reverting back to the monster...

:dontknow:

Parked in my garage....
GTR1400
CBR1000RR
Triumph 675
HD Road King
Aprilia SXV550
KLR650
KX250
CRF450X
XR100

I'm not a big fan of the Monster's primarily as I don't fit well on them...36" inseam :rock:

why don't you part with the rr;)

Spent too much monies for the Ohlins forks and shock...:D My KX250 is full Ohlins as well...just amazing suspension. With 30yrs riding/racing my SXV550 is by far the most insane bike I've ever owned/ridden.

IMG_0048.jpg

Spent too much monies for the Ohlins forks and shock...:D My KX250 is full Ohlins as well...just amazing suspension. With 30yrs riding/racing my SXV550 is by far the most insane bike I've ever owned/ridden.

IMG_0048.jpg

what is the maintenance like with the sxv550?
for some reason, i have it in my head that they require a bit more lovin than other motards.

it is a gorgeous bike.

ducs are awesome bikes but will spend countless hrs at the repair shop for service and repair although if you want to do wheelies its the perfect bike...they aren't nicknamed wheelies monsters for nothin....

I got to ride an older 1000 supersport (or something like that) years ago. It was the most well balanced bike I have been on to date. It felt like a little 250 dirt bike, but with ALOT more power.
They build a great bike.

owned and raced a ton of ducs dan, like he said maintinance is a bitch and usually very few know how to do the correctly, and the ones that do, are $$ on labor, but bring it LOL let me play with it a little:D you can really smoke a rear mid slide on a monster:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back