Dom , 505fastest Viper truck

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this on Utube .. Flash from the past . Wondering where to truck is now ! Don teamed up with Justin at JMB performance and built this truck . Awesome truck without a doubt !

Yes, the truck turned out really well.

I sold Dom the Striker-R (race) cylinder heads for that build. It made wicked power, with more in it for sure but the issue being the stock block, which is "squirmy" under serious boost.

Dom phoned me about a year ago, but I haven't heard from him lately. So, not sure where that truck lives. I will reach out and see what's up.

Last edited:
Yes he has/had a very powerful beast! Somewhere around 1500 hp?

Yes he has/had a very powerful beast! Somewhere around 1500 hp?

You can plug numbers into this for comparisons: https://goodcalculators.com/quarter-mile-calculator/

As far as race-weight goes (with driver), the late Trainman's vehicle was 4400 pounds (which ran 123 mph, I think). It had a fair amount of weight taken off as well and is the only other gutted SRT I can kinda'/sorta' compare Dom's to.

I'm not sure what Dom's weighs now, but say it was 3900 (with driver). It would take around 2100 hp to run that m.p.h. in a 3900 pounder'
The calculations are more for cars as trucks push a LOT of air which takes considerable power to overcome.

If you play around with the calculator, it is interesting though. The MPH section is the important one.

Last edited:
Yes, the truck turned out really well.

I sold Dom the Striker-R (race) cylinder heads for that build. It made wicked power, with more in it for sure but the issue being the stock block, which is "squirmy" under serious boost.

Dom phoned me about a year ago, but I haven't heard from him lately. So, not sure where that truck lives.
I noticed Justin mention the Striker heads and I remember you had those !

You can plug numbers into this for comparisons: https://goodcalculators.com/quarter-mile-calculator/

As far as race-weight goes (with driver), the late Trainman's vehicle was 4400 pounds (which ran 123 mph, I think). It had a fair amount of weight taken off.

I'm not sure what Dom's weighs now, but say it was 3900 (with driver). It would take around 2100 hp to run that m.p.h. in a 3900 pounder'
The calculations are more for cars as trucks push a LOT of air which takes considerable power to overcome.

If you play around with the calculator, it is interesting though. The MPH section is the important one.
No idea what the weight of Doms truck was , but it sure looks gutted heavily.

No idea what the weight of Doms truck was , but it sure looks gutted heavily.

I just asked Dom and he said 3750 on it's own, DRY weight (so no fluids, no driver).

Add 125+ lbs. for fluids and another 200 for the average driver.

Total approx. 4075 race ready.

So to recalculate, the truck was making north of 2100 horspower.

BUT, stay tuned !

The recent head mods and (?) have a new target goal of 3000 HP wheel!!

High sixes at over 200 mph if all goes as planned.

Last edited:
I just asked Dom and he said 3750 on it's own, DRY weight (so no fluids, no driver).

BUT, stay tuned !

OMG!! That's incredible!

So i take it Dom still has the beast? It's really a beautiful truck

BUT, stay tuned !

Damn ,, what heads or mods are going to get him in the 6 zone

The Strikers will produce the required horsepower numbers without issue and can also be ported for more power, if required.

So typically more boost with more fuel and...hang on!!

I think the stock block is a concern as it was never designed for those power levels.

At the very least, some cylinder pressure is lost due to blow-by as weird and (not so) wonderful geometry changes take place.

The camshaft and valvetrain also start to disagree with one another as physical distancing (not Covid related) takes place and cylinder-to-cylinder timing changes occur.

Everything has it's limits. Just ask my Grade 6 Science Teacher when he ran down the hall screaming, never to be seen again. ;)

Last edited:
The Strikers will produce the required horsepower numbers without issue and can also be ported for more power, if required.

So typically more boost with more fuel and...hang on!!
How must boost is he running no and wondering how much more can the engine take …. 3000 hp is massive , plus the amount from 2100 hp to 3000 .

How must boost is he running no and wondering how much more can the engine take …. 3000 hp is massive , plus the amount from 2100 hp to 3000 .

I'm not sure how much boost he was using.
Yes 3000+ horsepower is a huge number and will stress everything to the nuts (literally).

I remember Top-Fuelers making 1700 HP in the early 70s.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back