Dont Sleep and Drive

You were very lucky to survive. The military has done lots of studies on sleep deprivation. You are more dangerous when you have had a lack of sleep rather then drunk. Actually if you believe the charts then your performance goes up with about 2 drinks then goes down. Lack of sleep it just goes down. You start having Micro-sleep. Eyes are open but your brain just shuts down for a few seconds. And a few seconds is all it takes. I'm glad you are OK. I just hope others will head this warning and not drive sleepy.

FlyingLow said:
You were very lucky to survive. The military has done lots of studies on sleep deprivation. You are more dangerous when you have had a lack of sleep rather then drunk. Actually if you believe the charts then your performance goes up with about 2 drinks then goes down. Lack of sleep it just goes down. You start having Micro-sleep. Eyes are open but your brain just shuts down for a few seconds. And a few seconds is all it takes. I'm glad you are OK. I just hope others will head this warning and not drive sleepy.

Very true. I have "awakened" and wondered how I got where I was. Didn't remember the last 5 or 10 blocks.

Scary when you think about it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back