Door Handle ?

Swell....where's the gap?

if you notice, the JGC handles actually have a thin plastic base that mounts between the handle and the door (i believe it's to keep it from chipping the paint, so it's not paint on paint)...
when you install the handle with or without the plastic piece, there's an ever so slight "rock" in the handle, if you will, and a small gap at the top and the bottom...
it was enough for me not to like it - and i don't normally give a shit about stuff like that...
if you didn't buy them already, I'll send you the ones i have and you can see for yourself... there may be a way to slightly modify the handles, but i didn't feel like it... i just primed, painted, and cleared the factory handles... with a TON of clear... then sanded until the orange peel was gone... then reshot and cleared them...

Wes, did you notice any fitting issues?

I know I'm not Wes, but I didn't notice the fitment issue until Dan pointed it out. It is minor but I'm not entirely picky and left my factory painted JGC handles on the truck. They are acceptable in my opinion but if you are a perfectionist you're most likely going to be slightly disappointed.

I know I'm not Wes, but I didn't notice the fitment issue until Dan pointed it out. It is minor but I'm not entirely picky and left my factory painted JGC handles on the truck. They are acceptable in my opinion but if you are a perfectionist you're most likely going to be slightly disappointed.

That would be me. Dan knows me fairly well.

That would be me. Dan knows me fairly well.

Then you know which way to go. :D You may pay a little more to get the stock handles smoothed out but will ultimately be happier with the fit.

Then you know which way to go. :D You may pay a little more to get the stock handles smoothed out but will ultimately be happier with the fit.

I know that all too well as I sanded down all of the handles on my black truck. I was looking for an easier approach, but it sounds like I will go back to the "old fashion" way. I'm glad you guys gave me that Info before I had the other ones painted.

I know that all too well as I sanded down all of the handles on my black truck. I was looking for an easier approach, but it sounds like I will go back to the "old fashion" way. I'm glad you guys gave me that Info before I had the other ones painted.

Some of the colors can still be had through Chrysler dealers. The black handles on my truck were brand new factory painted, price is reasonable too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back