Dr Evil Transmissions

YFever

Reaction score
Anyone hear of them before? They are a division of Roadmaster Transmissions. GEICO is replacing my trans and they are getting it from them, for $2500. A replacement from Chrysler is $5000. Supposedly the same, just wondering if they really are. They matched the New Process Gear # that I gave them off the tag on the Trans. I'm just wodering if the trans is ny good or if I'll be replacing it again in few thousand miles.
Thanks guys.
Shawn

It making a clicking/rattely/chattery sound just before shiting and it can't seem to make up it's mind what gear it want to be in, especially at low speed. It's constantly "hunting" at 10-15 mph, won't stay in either gear. Just goes up, down, up, down ect. The normal operating temp is also higher than it used to be by about 10*. I can't get it to break the tires loose from a dead stop without holding the brake. I can't get the tires loose when it shifts into second either, no matter how hard I try!
The truck has less than 40,000 miles, but I do drive it hard. It's my daily driver/work truck. I'm in construction. Probably the only YF with a toolbox in the bed! Hah.
Thanks for askin',
Shawn

Stay away from any company that is not heard of in this forum. My suggestion is to call "Dan" from DC Performance who is a supporting vendor on this site and get his opinion.

Brad

Do you have an extended warranty? I assume not since insurance is paying for it....
Also you should have geico pay the $2500 and you kick in another $500 and call stinker he has rebuilt units that have good parts with a 100k mi warranty

shade said:
Do you have an extended warranty? I assume not since insurance is paying for it....
Also you should have geico pay the $2500 and you kick in another $500 and call stinker he has rebuilt units that have good parts with a 100k mi warranty

I'd second that.... have em give you a check and send ur core out to stinker/eddie's guy :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back