DRAG RACE - Need help

Thanks for the Ideas peoples. They are all really good. I'm gonna look at prices and see what i can do. I want to keep it NA and draggable. BUT, she's my dream truck and I still wanna drive her on the street. I was thinking of SuperCharging her later in life, I need something to look forward to. Think a Muffler Shop would put in the cutouts? I am posted to a Base with a housing shortage. So, I live in an apartment with no room for my welder and other equipment.

My problem with the Fidanza was in city driving I had to stay in second gear much of the time because it would lug in low rpm third gear operation...I had to keep the rpm too high in traffic in third or downshift into second...

With the heavier flywheel, low rpm/speed running in city traffic in third gear is much smoother.

My problem with the Fidanza was in city driving I had to stay in second gear much of the time because it would lug in low rpm third gear operation...I had to keep the rpm too high in traffic in third or downshift into second...

With the heavier flywheel, low rpm/speed running in city traffic in third gear is much smoother.

depending on what you are doing, our trucks do like the heavier flywheel, on most of my customers that purchase clutches my main question is , what will you do with your truck 80% of the time? then we discuss the options and they whys and why nots, too many folks read too much stuff on the forum and thinkk that pertains to everything, alot of info on the net, but it needs to be broken down to each application and not blanketed

With an increase in power and torque, one must change final drive to get more speed. she's a manual, so she's got 4.10 currently. I want her drivable on the streets like i mentioned before. So I was thinking 4.88... what does the interwebs think?

With an increase in power and torque, one must change final drive to get more speed. she's a manual, so she's got 4.10 currently. I want her drivable on the streets like i mentioned before. So I was thinking 4.88... what does the interwebs think?

4.56s are in the 4.90 range when using the much lower 390 DRS.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back