Drag radials with wheels

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On an 04, what is the absolute widest drag radial i can put on my truck without rear end modifications? Also, with that widest tire, what width wheel would I have to find to go with it along with what size backspacing?

What kind of wheel would I need to find as far as what size backspacing?
Probably any 17x10 wheel that fits the ram. I don't think the back spacing is critical, although the tire may stick out some. I don't think anything in an 18 will be wide or tall enough. The 390 M&H is 29.5" tall. If you're going to do much racing I would switch to 4.56 gears in the 2004 if it hasn't already been changed, they came with 4.10's.

I have a extra set this exact set up. Used of course. Tires should be replaced with new ones. So in short, I have some used rims for sale. not sure what a fair price would be. Anyone?

I have a extra set this exact set up. Used of course. Tires should be replaced with new ones. So in short, I have some used rims for sale. not sure what a fair price would be. Anyone?
Have any pics of the wheels?

Probably any 17x10 wheel that fits the ram. I don't think the back spacing is critical, although the tire may stick out some. I don't think anything in an 18 will be wide or tall enough. The 390 M&H is 29.5" tall. If you're going to do much racing I would switch to 4.56 gears in the 2004 if it hasn't already been changed, they came with 4.10's.

there are only a few 17x10 wheels that clear the rear calipers.

ultra motorsports "rogue" wheels are the only set i know of that are still available that clear the calipers.
used to be eagle 058 and pacer ridgeline were the only ones back in the day.

others may fit, but you may have to shave the calipers just a bit...

Im very interested. Pm me a price

Thanks, I just went to the Ultra page and could only find 17X8, even on the fitment page

Phone won't post the link

Last edited:
the ultra page doesn't have them, i just checked.

it could be they're discontinued, too? i'd try to order them from one of the places that say they have them and hold my breath that they're available.

i know that fuel makes a 17x10 but i have no idea if they'll clear the calipers...

I have no idea what to sell these rims for. I don't want to rip anyone off. Just a fair deal for both parties. So with that said, what is a fair price?

I have no idea what to sell these rims for. I don't want to rip anyone off. Just a fair deal for both parties. So with that said, what is a fair price?

The last set of DRs I sold for $550 shipped with good rubber. I don't know what the wheels sold for new and if they are even still available. I would guess $200 - $250 for the wheels would be a fair price.

I would be very interested for sure. Would really like to see a pic of the wheels and know the overall condition of them. Do they completely clear the rear calipers?

i've paid between 5-600 shipped for OK tires and good rims...

i think new the wheels were around 175 and the tires of course are around 350 each...

Im actually thinking of doing an 18" wheel and going with the Mickey thompson et street II tires. If i did that route, the tires i am looking at are 305 wide so what width wheel would i need and what size offset?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back