drag slicks or drag radials

TUGBOAT TRASH

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello all need some help finding some drag slicks or drag radials that will fit on 22s or what would be acceptable so I wouldn't have to shave the calipers any help would be great thankyou

They don't make DR's or DS's yet for our 22" wheels on our trucks.Many have gone with the Eagle Alloy 058's and DR's and with this combo you don't have to shave the rear calipers.

Also think about this at the track with DR you can run with the street tire cars!:rock: with DS you have to go with the big dogs running slicks?:(

so when you do get some track tires think about who you want to run with?

bee0912 said:
Also think about this at the track with DR you can run with the street tire cars!:rock: with DS you have to go with the big dogs running slicks?:(

so when you do get some track tires think about who you want to run with?

Some one please correct me if im wrong? Thanks

I guess where your going to end up for HP/TQ, build...ect. should dictate to some extent of the "grip" your trying to achieve.
If your sticking with a tuned ...stock...10...then the DR's will suit you fine.
I believe Rice Eater is running on 17" steel, Ram 1500 rims and an M&H DR...and hooking great....
After I put the blower on...the DR's were no longer holding at 4k launch.:burnout:

so what do you guys think I should go with with my mods?ill get a tune for the engine when I get home hoping for maybe 30 horse there hoping.thanks for the help people

The easiest and most affordable route is DR's... They should be fine for your performance mods.

If you want to run slicks you can:

a: Spend 12 hours grinding down your rear calipers to fit a 16" rim with slicks. b: Purchase a DTS rear end through Stinker ($4.5k range installed)

If you want to run DR's.

Just order them (and rims ;) ) and bolt them on.

mmmmtorque said:
The easiest and most affordable route is DR's... They should be fine for your performance mods.

If you want to run slicks you can:

a: Spend 12 hours grinding down your rear calipers to fit a 16" rim with slicks. b: Purchase a DTS rear end through Stinker ($4.5k range installed)

If you want to run DR's.

Just order them (and rims ;) ) and bolt them on.

:dito:

Should set him up just right....even with another 30 - 50 hp ( IF that's where he want's to end up at);)
We (Riceater & I) have proven that the rear end can break....with the DR's on...or slicks... mostl'y due to peg legging in the burnout box... so regardless...get a line lock on there...certainly beat's the shit out of foot braking it.... most likely the culprit...:dontknow:
The "Stinker Solution" reduces that habit:rock: :rock: not that I have one...:(.

Grinding suck's I can tell you that....
If I had to do it over, and could have afforded Stinkers Rear;) :D I would have skipped the grinding, and put in the new rear. Furthermore...you can run whatever rim/slick/DR you want then.

Good luck Tugboat with it.

thanks for the help I think ill go with the drs I'm not gonna get a turbo or blower for a while. appreciate the info

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back